Middleton May 15.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Middleton May 15.

Hi,

The first community work day is 8 AM May 15. We should be riding the pump track by the end of the day.

I think we'll be unique with a bike skills park and trails where two flavors of local beer are on tap and food is served at trail head.

www.madcitydirt.org for all the info and please join the Facebook group called "Middleton Pleasant View Bike Park & Trails." to help spread the word.

Hope to see you there.

mtbr member
    I'm planning to be there. I'm looking forward to working with a pro trail builder (Ben Blitch) and learning how to put together a pump track. It would be really nice if the work there teaches me how to put together a berm correctly.

Hope we still have time this year to start the single track.

Walt

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Dizzy
    Hope we still have time this year to start the single track.

Walt
    Me too! The small loop will get done regardless and if it's done by myself because the area by the club house is to be for all ages, skills and interests and that loop is essential. Essential in that it's part of the rhythm of riding it and part of the plan for a place for everybody.

I'm getting requests, queries, interest (single track, place for racers).... but need enough people to step up to guarantee the west end will be done with appropriate speed and surety. Some people from the area I do not recognize have joined the Facebook group so I am optimistic and hopeful.

This project is all new but will add nicely to the club's unique status (see below).

http://madcitydirt.org/forum/index.php?topic=1791.0

If we keep at same pace (people, weather, money) have a good chance of meeting goals. A slight boost for any of those will make it astounding where Cam-Rock, Quarry Ridge, BMSP and Middleton will all have much done.

Thanks all.

Members who have read this thread: 0