Medford, Wisconsin- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Medford, Wisconsin

Is there any bike trails around southern taylor county. I haven't heard of any but I'm sort of new to the sport. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Beermantruck when I saw saw that you are from Medford I nearly freaked out. I am writing you from Medford as well.

The Motorized Trail in the National Forest is fun. It's not a single track but it has some places where you can really rail. There is a nice challenging climb out behind the Winter Sports area. The best riding is tne sections on the east and west side of the Winter Sports Area. That makes for a loop which is nice.

There is some good riding northeast of Rib Lake in the Taylor County Forest. There is an ATV trail there.

Hey Beermantruck a number of us are meeting tomorrow night (Tuesday, June 1) at Strama's Cenex Station (next to the firehall on Highway 64 in Medford on the west side of town) at 6:00 PM. From there we are going to drive out to Lake 11 and ride. You are more than welcome to ride along. After the ride we're going to stop at the P-Town Inn in Perkinstown for some food and refreshments. It's a good low key group. I hope we see you tomorrow night.
    Last edited by Flyin' Bryan; 06-08-2010 at 02:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Another Medford MTB'er!

Wow another Taylor County rider? I too live in Medford and regularly make trips to Levis- Trow down in Niellsville, 9-Mile over in Wausau, Underdown over in Merrill-Tomahawk area, Nicolet-Roche and Bear Paw over in Langlade, and the Cambas up in Hayward/Cable. Also ride the Ice Age trail here in the County and you are more then welcome to join me anytime. The last two weekends have been spent on the Nicolet-Roche system. We just finished lots of trail work and reconnected the whole system after an F3 tornado obliterated it. Last weekend was the ribbon cutting rededication and it was a blast. Lots of riders attended! It is an awesome ride as are the others liusted' as well as, Rhinelander and Eagle River rides. Let's hook up! Will be heading to 9-Mile tomorrow, Thursday, @ 5:15P to try and hook up with Ken Jones. You interested Buzzy? Missed ya last night!
    Last edited by Steve O'Punc; 06-02-2010 at 02:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Just moved to Medford and am looking for places to ride and people to ride with. If anybody is into fatbiking I'd love to ride?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pariahartsltd View Post
    Just moved to Medford and am looking for places to ride and people to ride with. If anybody is into fatbiking I'd love to ride?
    Funny thing, I just got back in this forum today after being off for a few years, and theres a post about my hometown!
    Not Sure if @Stevo O'Punk or @Flyin' Brian still visit this forum or not..
    but what they said above still goes.

Most of us travel for trails, usually 9 mile, Levis, Nicole-Roche, or Hayward Area.
    I've recently moved to Marshfield, so I end up at Levis More and More.

aka bOb
    Tims Hill is allowing fat biking on some of the groomed xc trails.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Thanks man. Yeah I heard about Levis and people have also recommended hill vale for the type of riding I like (more technical in the woods stuff). I'll definitely have to check them out tho.

Members who have read this thread: 0