Maplewood State Park- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Maplewood State Park

Anybody ever ride Maplewood state park by Pelican Rapids, MN? My parents have a cabin there and I was wondering if it was worth dragging my bike along when I visit. I usually just fish and enjoy the lakes, but a little biking might be an good time if the fish are not cooperating. Also I see there are some trails by Detroit Lakes, kind of by soo pass ranch. Does any body know what these trails are like?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Nobody has ever ridden either of these two trails?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Hey

You might try asking Kevin at Freewheel bike in Mpls and/ or Jason over at Salsa cycles both grew up in that part of the state and may have some insight. Tom

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Dunton Locks

Sorry I'm so late in replying but I don't look at this forum very often. I don't think Maplewood has any biking trails, or at least the state site doesn't show any.

You could try Dunton Locks which is 3 or 4 miles south of Detroit Lakes on highway 59. It is pretty good for the area.

I haven't been to Maplelag but it is supposed to be nice. It is NE of DL by Callaway, so a little further from the Pelican Rapids area. http://www.maplelag.com.

Members who have read this thread: 0