Madison Kranked 7 Movie Premiere- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Madison Kranked 7 Movie Premiere

I ride around with the Chainsmokers and someone on the team thought it would be fun to do a movie night as a fund raiser. 24 hours into the idea it blew up into a pretty big event.

So we booked Majestic for Thursday June 19th at 7:00pm for the Wisconsin premiere of Kranked 7. Pacific is going to bring in some pros featured in the flick (rumor is they'll do some riding in the area at some local trails), Radical Films is chipping in a bunch of schwag and DVD's to give as part of the raffle (movie ticket=raffle ticket) and Pacific will hand out a Mongoose Teocali Comp...beer will be served. We're hoping to sell 300 tickets so it should be quite the gathering of dirt geeks.

Info and updates at www.chainsmokers.org

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    hey rich, its josh. I am definately in on this, and I will try to get a couple of friends. Steve Romaniuk is a beast and this whole deal sounds sick. See you out on the trails soon man.

mtbr member
    I'm sure we'll bump into each other at QP soon. I'll have a few tickets in my pockets so try to keep some $$ on hand.

So it's looking like Steve Rumaniuk and Eric Carter will be at the show, and at the pre-party the day before. Wed June 18 6pm, we'll be at BlackHawk Ski club hanging out and riding those trails, Mongoose will have demo bikes to ride, and Steve and Eric should be on hand. Rumor has it that Mongoose may be taking some catalog shots of folks riding the demo bikes so dress schnazzy.

Side note: Tom had the idea to clear out all the brush around the table top and take out that dead tree on top, it didn't take too long and now there are bunch of new lines available over it.

mtbr member
    Hey folks just a reminder that these events are coming up on Wed/Thurs of this week. There are some freshly built jumps at Blackhawk for the Wed night party, there are little ones for beginners all the way up to a run that the pros and experienced jumpers can show off on. Plus there will be the normal time trial xc race, general trail riding, food, and general festivities.

mtbr member
    Can I bring along some people who are not Blackhawk members?

The jumps look great, now I have to buy a dirt jumping bike

mtbr member
    The party tonight is open to the public but it's extremely important that no one poaches Blackhawk afterwords, so if you bring friends please stress that to them. The summer mtb membership is $50 which most people should find reasonable given the quality of the trails and the access to the dirt jumps.

There will be movie tickets on hand too, it's the last chance to buy them before you have to buy them at the Majestic and get the $3 service fee.

mtbr member
    I think the "poaching" has really decreased over the years. I've been a member since the early 90's and ride there 3 times/week since its close to my work.

Members who have read this thread: 0