Madison area trails near Blue Mound- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Madison area trails near Blue Mound

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of some trails in the Madison area, besides Blue Mound. Looking to camp there this weekend, and just want to know if there is anything else that I should ride in the area. Thanks!

Bear
    Zeppman,

Post up a message at www.madcitydirt.org and you'll get lots of help.

How far are you willing to drive?

What days are you riding?

Thanks,

Bear
    www.madcitydirt.org - All things dirt in Madison, WI
    [

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Cam rock!

Cam rock is great trail to ride. Located in Cambridge WI, a short drive (15 minutes?) East of Madison.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks guys... how big is Cam rock? The trail map makes it seem small. I'll be camping thursday night through sunday, and would be willing to drive 30 min - 1 hr to try other stuff. Not really interested in making it all the way out to Southern Kettle (if someone felt like mentioning it) as I ride this trail multiple times a year.

Bear
    CORP ran a 12 hour night race at Cam-Rock last year and the course was about 7miles long with laps taking an average rider about 45 minutes. There is another 1-1.5 miles of trail give or take that wasn't used for the race. You might have to lap things up but Cam-Rock is definitely worth the trip.
    www.madcitydirt.org - All things dirt in Madison, WI
    [

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Great, I'll check it out! I'm assuming a Wis car and trail pass will get me in?

Any breweries or restaurants I should check out in the area?

mtbr member
    Cam Rock is probably 8ish miles of really good trail, two laps would make it worth the drive(probably an hour from Blue Mounds). Along the way you could stop by Quarry Ridge, a small but fun trail that you drive by on the way to Madison from Blue Mounds. There is also a new pump track in Middleton and another at Quarry Park in down town Madison. You could hit them all in a single day. www.madcitydirt.org is the place to go for more information.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hi,

People were boating in the streets last night with more rain forecast Wed.. If Blue Mound is closed parts of Cam Rock should be better and some small places may be dry. Quarry Ridge and Quarry Park have sandy rocky areas that dry before other places. The pump tracks (Middleton, Quarry Park) are often ridable early. The Middleton berm and jump line can be solid after rain but a little slick. These other places are small but can be a lot of fun.

Again, www.madcitydirt.org is the best source for local info.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    bitflogger, do you think blue mound will be closed on friday?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zeppman
    bitflogger, do you think blue mound will be closed on friday?
    Some days of dry weather would be needed. The Overlode trail that's the far east side of the park dries first.

I don't know the sort of riding you do or the gear you have but I just to the quarries and now the Middleton Pump track if it's wet. I have not had a chance to check the Middleton park since the but will be there by the weekend.

I predict greased sharp rock for a while even if Blue Mound is opened.

Members who have read this thread: 0