Madison area ride for a dumbass- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Madison area ride for a dumbass

Will be in Madison for business Fri/Sat. My friend (who I'm crashing with) lives in Verona. Where can I ride (I'm an XC guy) for 1-2 hours and not get lost and have some single track fun?

Thx

mtbr member
    Checkout madcitydirt.org/forum for info on the riding areas in the area.

Quarry Ridge is closest to Verona, but you'll be bored with it for 1-2 hours. It's a work in progress. I'd recommend Blue Mound if you're looking for technical singletrack.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    Checkout madcitydirt.org/forum for info on the riding areas in the area.

Quarry Ridge is closest to Verona, but you'll be bored with it for 1-2 hours. It's a work in progress. I'd recommend Blue Mound if you're looking for technical singletrack.

Area trails better for Epic 26er or rigid 29er (debating which one to bring)

mtbr member
    oohhh bring the epic and ride blue mounds, lots of fun stuff to be had there, if youre more into very techy stuff, ride holy shiest, and if you are more into smoothness with climbs then ride the pleasure valley trail (i think thats what its called, someone else can comment) across the road

mtbr member
    oh if you cant tell by the way blue mounds is my favorite place lol, ill be there this weekend sometime, coming home from college to ride for the 1st time i dont know exactly when but at some point doing a ride-picnic lunch-ride more day! im stoked on that

Members who have read this thread: 0