Looks like Telemark will live on...- Mtbr.com
    =========

Looks like Telemark will live on...

Telemark was slated to close in May, but it looks like somebody is going to buy it and plans to dump 20 million dollars into it.

story here - http://www.businessnorth.com/kuws.asp?RID=3396

g

dumb ass
    hmmm

the local fishwrap reports that the lodge is closing. no mention of anything in this article.
    Baby seal walks into a club.

=========
    I just searched for any additional news on the net and came up empty on any posts newer than April 28th. The Telemark web-site says that the doors will close at Mid-Night tonight.

Any locals want to make a live report from the Telemark Lodge Bar Rail?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    ill call my aunt in hayward and find out tomorrow. dam if it closes that sucks. I really like that place. the hotel industry is really suffering. I work with commercial real estate and hotels are taking it bad.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    from my aunt
    Yes and no - Telemark is in the process of being sold and the current owners can no longer afford to stay open while the new buyers get their funding together. It is hoped that the sale will go through and then reopen. Hope you can read the attached
    hope this clears it up

you have to rotate the pdf clockwise to read it
    edit: I cant upload the pdf. if anyone wants it email me [email protected]

skol

erik

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Ojibwe

The Resort is in negotiations right now with a person who is trying to pull lots of money together to renovate and reopen under "new" management. But hey, the Ojibwe Trail will always be there!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    the article i read talks about over 20 mil in renovations. I really hope they had lending approved before last year because i dont think any hotel would get that kind of money right now. We just had a brand new hotel/waterpark by us opened in 2007 bankrupted in 2009. crazy times. well i will drink a beer and hope that the doors will open soon. The local economy really depends on that place. or ... maybe ill win the powerball or something and buy it turn it into a brewery resort hehe.

Members who have read this thread: 0