Little Switzerland- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Little Switzerland

Hi
    New to mountain biking and curious about people's experience at little Switzerland in the area. I enjoy minooka and John Muir in my area but am looking for some more downhill. Not interested in hitting massive jumps or doing massive drops just yet.
    Could I spend a day there without being stuck on the beginner trail?
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    yes you could. most of the trails have safe ways around the obstacles. short runs but still fun.

SR Suntour
    May 2006
    It's ok for XC/Trail riders. I can ride 3-4 trails pretty easily and another couple I can kind of ride. It gets a little boring after a while, but if you love table top jumps, a few wood things and some berms you'll definitely have a good day and I get enough runs in that it's less than $1 a run! There's a few other trails that are way too hard but neat to see people hit them. I made this little edit from late June. https://youtu.be/N91uClwNNWs

Spirit Mtn and the new bike park at Welch Village are much better for XC/Trail riders with more flow trail and longer runs but those are pretty far from us!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Spirit Mtn is a long drive if you're close to Minooka Park and the Miur trails.

Two suggestions not so far but maybe farther than Little Switzerland are the Blackhawk + Pleasant View and Blue Mound. Keep in mind that you must have the as low as $25 per season membership at Blue Mound has a lot of terrain considered tough stuff but that's chasing all the time. The important take home for Blue Mound is more vertical than any ski area in the region.

The whole design at Blackhawk is to learn but there's no lift. The series of stacked loops at a ski area will teach you everything and the gully jump trail was opened recently. The importance of membership cannot be emphasized enough. That gives you the private land easement to ride two trail systems together. The private land owner expects that respect, and all the improvements plus machine are a $100,000+ investment.

No matter where, I suggest gloves, knee pads, seat lowered and flat pedals for the learning and riding. Have fun!!!
    ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ