Levis/Trow trail conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Levis/Trow trail conditions

I am heading there this weekend from KY and saw that a deluge came through last weekend. Wondering if all the trails washed away? I have a buddy in Rochester, MN who had his basement fill up with water.
    thanks,
    tim

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Fortunately Levis is primarily composed of sandy silty soil meaning it doesn't hold water and dries out fairly quickly. I know the western part of the state has gotten pounded the worst with rainfall (and the forecast at least in the eastern part of the state is calling for showers on and off all week), but if I had to guess, a day without rain coupled with some sunlight would put the trails in okay condition. Granted a few low lying trails will still be waterlogged (parts of Yellow Jacket, most of Snodgrass), but others that ascend and descend the mound should be rideable.

I don't believe Levis has a formal 'trails closed' system in place during the open trail season. They rely on rider judgement instead.

Maybe someone more local will give a firsthand review for you. I think you should be able to get a ride in this weekend - may be better off on Sunday to give the trails another day to dry out.

mtbr member
    thanks for the feedback. Anyone going there this week??? I will be there on Sunday and Monday
    thanks

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Timn,
    The trail is in good condition-rode there yesterday (Aug 23rd) and even though it had rained a lot lately, the trail is drying quickly. Some logging going on on a short section of Swithback, but on the weekend, the loggers are not there, so it should not be a problem. If I see KY plates in the parking lot, I'll say hi (steve, the trail designer and general dirt digger)-have a great time!

Just ride.
    That's good to hear. I also have a trip planned there Aug 27 & 28. We were originally going to do HPT on the 27th but that doesn't look like its going to happen due to La Crosse being totally water-logged.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    yeah, LaX and south got pounded by tons of rain, and we got some, but our trails also dry really fast too. Leaves are strting to turn early, so things are looking great out there!

s.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Y'all folks may just consider heading for Duluth, MN just above yonder, trails here (Spirit Mountain, Hartley to name a few are bone dry.

Just ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeurett
    yeah, LaX and south got pounded by tons of rain, and we got some, but our trails also dry really fast too. Leaves are strting to turn early, so things are looking great out there!

s.
    Trails were in great shape today (aside from the loggers)

Members who have read this thread: 0