Levis Trow/Mound Ride pics- Mtbr.com
    Pin it!

Levis Trow/Mound Ride pics

Everything from lung burning climbs, flowing cliff hanger sections, to fighter jets making really low fly-byes, Levis Trow/Mounds is a great destination ride that should not be missed. This is about the fourth time for the Pop's and I making the trip and getting a chance to ride the trail system. It just gets better every time and the trails remind us that we should make the trip more often.

Enjoy - click here 4 ride shots

Witty McWitterson
    Nice shots. I love that place. And it only get better after you've ridden 10+ consecutive laps at the enduro event they hold there. Looks like you guys had a great day to ride.
    Just a regular guy.

Pin it!
    Thanks martini. Ya, we had a perfect fall day ride on Oct. 13. Just did most of the Underdown trails yesterday near Merrill and man what fantastic trail system. I should probably post some pics of that ride too.

No longer 26
    Nifty,

What is Underdown like? Worth it as a destination? My folks live in Clark Cty so I'd be travelling from there. I get to ride Levis 3 or 4 times a year. Love that place.

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Underdown

The Underdown is well worth the trip. The singletrack, imo, is the best in the state. It is similar to the Kettle's connector riding from Emma to Muir. The Underdown is a bit tighter and has more climbing.

I have only riden at the Underdown during WEMS race when the trail is very well marked. If you go alone and have never been there before, I suspect it would be very difficult to find all the singletrack. You may spend most of your time on the xc ski trails missing the good stuff. In addition, I may be concerned with getting lost. Try to hook up with a local or ride during the WEMS race.

Pin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay
    The Underdown is well worth the trip. The singletrack, imo, is the best in the state. It is similar to the Kettle's connector riding from Emma to Muir. The Underdown is a bit tighter and has more climbing.

I have only riden at the Underdown during WEMS race when the trail is very well marked. If you go alone and have never been there before, I suspect it would be very difficult to find all the singletrack. You may spend most of your time on the xc ski trails missing the good stuff. In addition, I may be concerned with getting lost. Try to hook up with a local or ride during the WEMS race.
    Underdown has recently been put close to #Uno on my list for the best in state. If you like tight technical single track that keeps throwing it at you (like me)........Underdown is perfect. I got a chance to ride this last Oct. of '07 and after not being on the trail system in years do to being frustrated with being lost like in the past; I can tell you it has changed greatly. Not only were the trails perfectly marked with new trail markers, but they were also perfectly maintained and clear of leaves (very shocking for the time of year with hardly any leaves on the trees). I have pictures of this ride as well that I really should get up ASAP. Roomer has it that the 12-13 mile single track loops are maintained by two local guys and the trails keep growing……..incredible work. I will definitely be making the trip to Underdown again in the spring hands down and I recommend it to anyone looking for a challenging ride.

If interested; I recommend downloading and reading the perfect description of the trail here - Just need to do the free sign up first to look at the accurate GPS maps
    http://www.fattireguides.com/trails/trailLocator.cfm

There are some pictures of the trail too but they don't really do it justice.

Pin it!
    Just a handful of Underdown shots - click

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Thanks!

Excellent trail.

Members who have read this thread: 0