Levi/Trow locals?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Levi/Trow locals?

Heading up to the much talked about Levi/ Trow trail system this weekend, any locals care to give a guided tour to a few FIB's? We wher hoping to do a night ride on Friday. Any takers...we have beer...and twinky's.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    We just did a semi-weekend of camping threr. Trails are mostly sandy based and drain very well. They are awesome and very well marked with maps a-plenty..
    Thats all I got, have fun!
    CDT

mtbr member
    Holy crap! Those trails are the cat's ass! We rode Yellow Jacket to Upper Hermosa/Lower Hermossa friday night, then went back Saturday morning to see what we rode. I'm just glad I stayed on the trail. We rode all day Saturday but didn't get to ride it all, we where saving that for Sunday morning but we woke up to rain. Another day...
    My compliments to the crew at Levis Mound, you guy's build awesome trails!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    bykpedlr-
    Sorry I missed you guys-didn't see this post til today- Thanks for the nice comments on the trail, I probably was out there filling ruts and cordorying the tracks left from logging on Swithchback. That is in good shape now. Maybe you could write a trail review here? I see the last one was from 2006. We'll be working on Toad Road next too get that back in good condition.

방랑외국인
    is there any plans to add any ramps, catwalks, hucks etc in this trail system? ie any sort of freeride obstacles?

thanks...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    We will be adding some ramps up on Toad Rd next year...maybe a teeter someplace too, been thinking about that for some time. Have to see how much help I get building stuff......

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smeurett
    We will be adding some ramps up on Toad Rd next year...maybe a teeter someplace too, been thinking about that for some time. Have to see how much help I get building stuff......

Thanks!
    That sounds great! Taod road is a kick ass trail, the whole trail system is so good we made a second trip up there this year. Great job you did on the Switchback repairs Smeurett, Levis/Trow Mound is my new best place to ride!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Had a solid ride @ Levis last Saturday. The logging wasn't as intrusive as I thought it would be, or at least they are doing in a controlled fashion. It seems like the loggers are doing an OK job of staying off the singletrack as much as possible, and keeping it clear for the most part. The Hermosa trails, along with those low lying trails along highway 95 have been hit the hardest by logging. By next summer I'm thinking a good grove will be worn back in.

I rode Sidewinder for the first time while out there. Sweet trail. I rode it two times, first time to scout it out and get a feel for some of the obstacles and turns. Second time around I nailed it. It's tempting to take your eyes off the trail and check out the sweet views, but with 10' - 15' ledges 3' off the side of the trail it's best to just stay focused on what lies ahead.

Anyone know why the ramp was trashed on Porky Point? Without the ramp, the trail can only be ridden one way - northward? Used to be cool and a good challenge to ride up the ramp over that rock outcropping when riding southward. I can't think of any reason someone would move it except just to vandalize it and be an a**hole.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I finally got a chance to ride the Levi/Trow trails last Saturday. I was very impressed - had a great time. The trails and wonderfully maintained despite the logging and the scenery was excellent. The perfect autumn weather didn't hurt either. I thought there was a nice variety of trails for varying skill levels. I just wish I lived closer.

Members who have read this thread: 0