Lebanon Hills TT and Team Relay - Eagan, MN- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Good job! Lebanon Hills TT and Team Relay - Eagan, MN - May 14th

Hey guys,

Want to try something different? Looking to test your might against the most formidable opponent yet - the clock. Come on over and enter the Lebanon Hills Time Trial and Relay Race, presented by MORC and Bent Crank Racing.

For two years Bent Crank Racing has been involved with this event, but this is the first year that we've been asked to take care of everything. We wanted to see the event continue, so we agreed to help out. This is our first event and we're doing what we can to make sure that things run smooth and you have a good time.

Our event is fun because it's a time trial and if you do any of the races in the area, you'll find that this type of event isn't anywhere else. The trail system has been wonderfully maintained by MORC and is now singletrack 99% of the way. There are log crossings, rock gardens, bridges and fast downhills.

Last year saw about 120 riders, all competing against themselves and the clock. We're hoping that we get the same turnout this year.

You can register online at active.com.

There will be individual races and a team relay. Individuals will do two laps, while teams will do one lap each. There will be an expert pay out.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'll try to answer everything. If you've done this event before, please post your thoughts for others to read.

Thank you and I hope to see you there!

Adam Emanoff
    www.lebanonhillstt.com
    www.bentcrankracing.com
    Last edited by grizzlyadam; 04-13-2005 at 12:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Might want to put a date up Adam!!! Wish I could come with the new cam But I think I have other obligations, if I don't you just might see a wrap up vid from BHP!!!

L8R
    Buck

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck
    Might want to put a date up Adam!!! Wish I could come with the new cam But I think I have other obligations, if I don't you just might see a wrap up vid from BHP!!!

L8R
    Buck
    Ha - thanks man. Must be those first post jitters or something...A wrapup video would be very cool to see! Maybe I'll see ya there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Heck yeah Adam,
    Now I see the date, I'll try to make it!
    Thanks
    L8R
    Buck

PS: It'd be cool if the moderator would sticky this!!!!

Witty McWitterson
    Our event is fun because it's a time trial and if you do any of the races in the area, you'll find that this type of event isn't anywhere else
    Uh, GA, Decorah, IA(time trials next weekend!) really isn't out the midwest y'know. Its next weekend, and it too is a fantabulous event. They're working on something like year ten now. Y'all should head on down for it too.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Yeah - I guess Iowa's in the area....

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I just got word that Jagwire will be sending our some pretty cool prize packs for us to hand out. I should be checking out the course this weekend or early next week to get ready for marking out the final course.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

**We have to cancel the TT**

I am very sorry to announce this as this was our first event to present to you guys, but it has to be done to help the trails. I am glad that it has to be cancelled due to weather, rather than something that we forgot or didn't take care of prior. As of now, there is no alternate date.

If you are pre-registered, I'll be sending out refund checks next week - less the active.com fee. Since this was a MORC benefit race, those who are pre-registered will have the option of donating some or all of your refund to MORC to help with their efforts.

Thanks to all who registered and to those of you who planned on coming! See you next year.

Here's the email I received:
    The trail stewards at Lebanon have been keeping a very close eye on the trails this week with all the wet weather. Last night was the MORC Board meeting and there was a discussion on the likely damage to the trails if a race is run when the ground is this soft and wet. The forecast for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday is for cool temps and some addiional rain each day. What we really need is two days of sun, warmth, and a nice breeze to dry out and firm up the trails, but that doesn't look like its going to happen.

The decision that was made, is that the time trial will either have to be run on its alternate road course as noted in the permit, or re-scheduled for another weekend. As it stands right now, MORC cannot support heavy activity on a wet trail system. The damage to our organization's reputation for being responsible trail stewards is far to valuable to risk.

Not much we can do about the weather, but taking care of the trails is the right thing to do. I wanted to give you as much notice as possible, so that you can go to Plan B, and get notices out to the riders that are already registered.

I'd pray for a weather miracle, but I don't think that would help much.
    Adam Emanoff
    www.bentcrankracing.com
    www.lebanonhillstt.com

Members who have read this thread: 0