Lebanon Hills MN- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Lebanon Hills MN

I just killed the trails and myself at Lebanon this weekend...absolutely love them love them love them...I am from Sioux Falls SD and brought my bike up to the Twin Cities...and do not regret it one bit...unfortunately my trips will always have to include my bike when i travel up there...oh well...love it...!!!

ybbeaten
    Glad you loved them! Check out the folks at MORC at morcmtb.org. They build and maintain them.

When you come up next time, check out Murphy as well.
    Ride to work and work to ride

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i molested the morc site and actually ran into some of the vols when riding...they told me to hit up murphy and teddy wirth...any comments on either...?

mtbr member
    Murphy has less variety than Lebanon, but is a longer loop. Lebanon has been around for a while so it's benefited from a lot of attention and added a lot of trail features over the years. Murphy is a new trail that, for its part, is every bit as fun as Leb, just different. It's more about flow. Theo is probably more akin to Leb in that it has more techical features, though it's a good deal shorter (maybe 4 miles or so?). What makes Theo unique is its location in Minneapolis proper, which means its close for a lot of people.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by adubb25
    i molested the morc site and actually ran into some of the vols when riding...they told me to hit up murphy and teddy wirth...any comments on either...?
    This is the 2nd summer that the singletrack at Murphy has been open so it is still in it's early stages of development. The MORC volunteers just put the finishing touches on a 90 ft skinny that has a teeter-totter on the end.

Video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ffMJ-JBpvuY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ffMJ-JBpvuY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

More info & Pictures HERE

Theodore Wirth has some of the technical features that Leb, but it flows differently. It's challenge comes from being TIGHT & TWISTY. The main loop is about 3.5 miles. If you ride really wide handle bars: Watch your knuckles!

mtbr member

been there, done that

OK guys, how tight is the Theo trails?? We’ve been through it via tandem.
    Arly a tandem Nerd, Who rides them, loves them, so we sell them. superiortandems.com

Members who have read this thread: 0