kewaunee riverview and deer hunting ??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

kewaunee riverview and deer hunting ??

anybody know if riverview is closed during deer season ?? i know winter park is open. i wear lots of orange whilst riding, and even if i got shot off my bike . . . . c'est la vie. just don't wanna be breaking the rules, ya know ??

mtbr member
    I have no idea about Riverview, but I'll be riding Winter Park this weekend for sure!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    While hunting is not permitted in the park, it is closed from one week prior to Thanksgiving and re-opens the Monday after Thanksgiving due to gun deer hunting season on adjacent lands.

Taken from the rules off their pamphlet Ive got.

mtbr member
    Interesting note. I've been a regular user of that park during hunting season the past two years, but only as a disc golfer. I think I'll head out there to throw and just keep my bike on the car...ya know....just in case

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I was referring to Riverview by the way.

mtbr member
    It was a fun ride. However, there was the one hunter I had to politely remind that it is illegal to hunt in Winter Park. He was a real jerk about it, but oh well.

mtbr member
    As noted below, Riverview is closed during deer hunting season, but Winterpark is not. Last year I was blowing leaves at Winterpark and ran across one hunter on the far side of the park. He didn't seem to know or care that he was on the park land, and not the state-owned Besadny land next to it.

Also, another little known fact, Riverview technically is closed to ATV's at sunset, but is open until 11:00pm, so we frequently night ride there this time of year.

Also, FYI, if you haven't been to Riverview recently, a great group of volunteers replaced most of the decaying pallet bridges with much nicer ladder bridges over the last two weekends, so they rock now. We still have to make some temporary repairs to the long one across the swampy area that is failing... hoping to do so before the snow flies.

Members who have read this thread: 0