Kettle and Rock cut What tires?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Kettle and Rock cut What tires?

Looking at buying new rubbers what should I be looking at?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I can't speak for Rock Cut, but Kettles is fast and easy riding with sand so I prefer something not too knobby for float in the sand. Everything works at Kettles but some biggies with knobs just don't roll so fast. I liked all the Conti models I had in the past decade for Kettles riding and the front types with long knobs for cornering grip. Specialized Adrenaline dual compound on front is one of the best Kettles tires I've had.

Right now I've been pleasantly surprised by the 2.35 High Rollers because they roll well and also work well at other places needing a tougher tire. The only catch with them is they have a front end moment of break away before strong cornering grip you have to trust. They're staying on though 'cause they're super at BMSP, Quarry Park and if it gets a bit wet. They're the in between (Maxxpro I think) rubber that's not super tacky or hard.

mtbr member
    Specialized Fast Trak, really good for those places. i raced the entire WORS series last year with them and loved them, im getting a few more sets.
    i dont think it hurts that they just won the World championchip......again, either.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Maxxis CrossMark

I started using Maxxis CrossMarks (29 x 2.1) and love them at the Kettles. They are faster and corner better than the Bonty ACXs that came on my Ferrous.

Members who have read this thread: 0