Kettle parking question - $$$- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Kettle parking question - $$$

I'm finding conflicting info on how much a daily parking pass costs. Some places say $10/day, other places say $3/day. I realize the trail pass is only $3, but how much is parking really? Can I buy a parking pass at the same place I get the trail pass (ie, General Store)?

Thanks all!
    Tarekith.com

'17 Specialized Enduro Elite 29

mtbr member

from...

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/...fees/#stickers

Sticker fees WI Resident WI resident age 65 or older Non-resident
    Annual $20 $10 $30
    Half price* $10 N/A $15
    Daily $5 $3 $10
    One-hour $3 $3 $3

Probably can't buy the vehicle stickers at the LaGrange General store. There is usually somone in the little booth at the John Muir parking lot to purchase the parking passes from or there should a self-serve station for after hours use in the parking lot too.

mtbr member
    Thanks!
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

kettle...

Tarekith...are you on the way to kettle?

mtbr member
    I was going to, but was told that with Country Thunder going on this weekend, traffic anywhere near there (ie, Rt.12 on the way up) will be insane. I think we're actually going to Deer Grove this morning, and Kettle next weekend now.
    Tarekith.com

SSlow rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith
    I was going to, but was told that with Country Thunder going on this weekend, traffic anywhere near there (ie, Rt.12 on the way up) will be insane. I think we're actually going to Deer Grove this morning, and Kettle next weekend now.
    When were you at Deer Grove. We had a group that started riding at about 8:30 today. I saw quite a few cyclists today, but I don't think I saw you based on the description of your bike in your sig.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

kettle...next weekend?

I'll be there next weekend. maybe we can hook up and go together? how many of you guys would go? maybe someone else would like to go too? let me know how was at deer...?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nismo96
    When were you at Deer Grove. We had a group that started riding at about 8:30 today. I saw quite a few cyclists today, but I don't think I saw you based on the description of your bike in your sig.
    Didn't end up making it out there after all
    Tarekith.com

SSlow rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Meca_nic
    I'll be there next weekend. maybe we can hook up and go together? how many of you guys would go? maybe someone else would like to go too? let me know how was at deer...?
    Today's ride was pretty good. A very short rain shower at the beginning of the ride cooled things off incredibly and made the ride sweet as candy. I had a crash where my rear wheel came loose, but I got that fixed with help, and I also found a multitool that I lost out there over a month ago. What a strange coincidence.

Anyway, the number of riders changes each week. Today we had as many as nine show up. Some weeks we've had only three or four riders. The biggest ride yet was about 17 riders. Everyone is at varying levels of skill and speed, so there's no offense if you faster folks drop us slower ones. We never drop a rider though. We always stay in a group of some number.

Here's a quote from the thread about the weekly Saturday morning ride at Illinoismtb.com

Morning rides at Deer Grove have been happening off and on for a while, every Saturday morning. Now it'll be a regular occurance. The group leaves at about 8:30 AM, from the Camp Reinberg parking lot. The parking lot is located to the right, off Quentin Road, just North of Dundee Road. If you're headed North on Quentin, its a soft right turn into a U-shaped lot.

Join us for a good time. We'll enjoy Deer Grove, ride in our home turf, and enjoy it while it's here.