kettle moraine wi- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

kettle moraine wi

Who would I tell to cut the grass on the connector trail from the john muir to emma carlin trails I got back from ride wednesday and I had 2 ticks on me from the tall grass on the sides of the trail.
    Last edited by dbikeco; 06-22-2008 at 09:16 AM.

Just ride.

DNR knows about it

Quote Originally Posted by Dale
    Who would I tell to cut the grass on the connector trail from the john muir to emma carlin trails I got back from ride wednesday and I had 2 tricks on me from the tall grass on the sides of the trail.
    They know about it. The connector is virtually unrideable due to overgrowth.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I had 2 tricks on me from the tall grass on the sides of the trail.
    By "tricks" do mean middle-aged accountant types offering to pay you for sexual favors? Man that would creep me out too. Although, if go parading around in spandex, you just have to expect that's going to happen to you from time to time.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    please please don't cut the grass i'd pay good money for those tricks

Frt Range, CO
    Rode the Blue Trail @ John Muir on Sunday, June 22, no mud, my bike is dusty

viva la v-brakes!
    Sure, and maybe they could pave the trail for you while they are at it? Ticks are a fact of life. Quit whining and ride your bike.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Who would I tell to cut the grass on the connector trail from the john muir to emma carlin trails I got back from ride wednesday and I had 2 ticks on me from the tall grass on the sides of the trail.
    Ticks are abundant in mowed city parks and yards too. You just have to be looking for them when you're done riding.

As far as who to tell. I believe those trails are like ours in the Madison area where the work is done by volunteers so you need to be gentile as far as any telling. Most who do a lot of trail work never need to be told what has to be done. Just help to get it done.

I'm not sure if the people in the Whitewater area are organized with a web presence with messaging, but this is the link I've had.

http://my.execpc.com/~jwamser/WORBA.html

mtbr member
    i think the trail crew saw this post .....rode the whole system on sunday and someone has trimmed the trees back along the whole way ..........that trail crew is awesome !!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    the new connector trail is awesome ....you gotta ride it

Members who have read this thread: 0