IMBA visits the Nicolet Roche- Mtbr.com
    I need skills
    Jul 2004

IMBA visits the Nicolet Roche

Nick-o-lay Roe-shay | International Mountain Bicycling Association

Check out the flickr slide-show at the bottom of their link.

We had a great weekend in Langlade WI. We had a diverse group of people from several clubs attend. Each club was at different stages of developing their trails and there was great discussions each day.

New trail was built, social rides took place, and friendships made. From presentations to hands-on work, IMBA has got great programs and good people leading them.

=========
    best sideburns EVER!

CAMBr Trail Crew
    I stayed at Bear Paw and rode Nicolet back in August of '06. Then in 2007, I heard they were demolished due to a massive tornado. I'm really glad to see that Bear Paw, and the Nicolet Trail Crew, are thriving and that the trails are even better than before! I'll definitely put this place back on my list of Top 10 riding destinations..! Props to you, Charlie!

I need skills
    Jul 2004

DDDonny

I remember meeting you out on the trail. And yes, the trail is better than before.

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Yes, I remember meeting you, too! If my memory serves me correctly, I think you were riding a Trek Fuel. If not, I apologize, and maybe my memory is going to [email protected]! Anyway, great job and I hope to make it up there again sometime soon..!

Donny

CAMBr Trail Crew
    Hey Charlie,

Check this out:

IMBA visits Nicolet Roche | Whatever | CAMBr - Chicago Area Mountain Bikers

Just helping to spread the word...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Really appreciate the trail building you guys are doing up there. One suggestion though, could an effort be made to get some descent signage out on the trail. I only get a chance to ride the Roche a couple times a year. It seems every time I come up the landscape has changed a bit do to logging. It's difficult to find the singletrack where it starts and stops off the logging roads by memory because of this.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Where are you starting from?

One other person has said that too. Quite frankly that confuses me to a certain extent. On the trail, it is all single track, unless traveling beyond the loop North, (then there are several nearly invisible camo brown Forest Service reassurance signs pointing the way). This spot will have differ signs soon. We have had a few u r here signs stolen each year too, (posts and maps gone).

If starting from Campground drive, going North, in the middle of the first curve going North (the only direction you can go upon arrival) is a bright blue sign on the left side of the road. (I've met you at this spot btw).

If starting on Hwy 64, if traveling East from Langlade, go exactly 3.3 miles. Bright blue signs on either side of the hwy.

They've been there for years. If you are starting from the Bear Paw, you are on your own. People are crossing private property. Crossing is allowed, but that is the Bear Paw's arrangement.

If you are starting from Van Alstin Rd, there are Forest Service signs, smartly colored camo brown to make them invisible.

I will add, that the trail starts and travels, exactly, as shown on the maps floating around. Logging roads are also on the maps. If leaving the single track refer to the U R here signs and/or a map if carried.

Hope this helps.

=========
    Have you ever thought about growing some sideburns Charlie?