IMBA TCC Coming to MN!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

IMBA TCC Coming to MN!!!

Hey,
    All you DH/FRers, or just cool xc riders...the IMBA trail care crew will be coming this spring to Steeple Chase Ski Area sometime around the end April or early May. They will be building the DH course and if time allows starting on the DS/4X course. I would of course like to see the DHer/FRers step up on this one and make a strong showing. More info to come as we get it...

To sign up visit the MORC forums at www.morcmtb.org

Thanks
    Buck

mtbr member

great news!!

Hey buck, that is the best news i have heard in some time, i cant believe we are actually going to have a dh/ds course here it is a long time coming!! I am just crossing my fingers on the spirit mountain thing as well!! I have a group of at least 10 that will for sure attend to help out with the trails, come on spring!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey Bogmonster,
    The E-mail you gave me doesn't work...I'd like to get your crew on the e-mail list, some awesome things are happenin that I'd like to get you guys involved with!!!
    Thanks
    L8R
    Buck

mtbr member

try again

I dont know why you are having problems with the email address, try again check spelling to make sure, i sent another pm with the address again.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.........

But the million dollar question still exists. Will they run a lift? Or shuttle?
    Need recycled bike art? PM me!

Need old parts? PM me!

mtbr member

Either Works For Me!!

At This Point I Will Gladly Shuttle Or Take The Lift, Its Better Than Nothing!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey guys,
    The way the resort is, as of right now NO SHUTTLING...but the lifts will be in limited use from what I am told, I'd say it comes down to us(gravity riders) to make a strong showing, the more of us there are the better. So sign up learn some cool building tech, get a sweet trail to ride, and a DS course.
    L8R
    Buck

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

bahhhhh

I don't wanna push up. That's no fun. I'll come help build though.

Any plans on a CO trip this summer Adam?
    Need recycled bike art? PM me!

Need old parts? PM me!

mtbr member

Whats The Terrain Like?

What Is The Mountain Like? I Have Been Down In The Area On My Street Bike For The Moto Races At Millville And It Seemed Pretty Sandy But Alot Of Cliffs, Same Thing At Steeple? Hey Buck I Sent A Pm To You About Our Email Snafu...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    I don't wanna push up. That's no fun. I'll come help build though.

Any plans on a CO trip this summer Adam?
    Yeah I've been askin' lifts they are going to run them they just haven't decided how often. Yeah you and Pat should come hhelp build, could definitely use the help and input of exprienced riders!!! I'll post a link to where you see the info to sign up!

CO Trip: Hopefully we can go with the sallies again. Umm, otherwise all depends on when for me, I have to be in Duluth the week of the Greenman b/c I am revamping the course and building the DJs for the DJ comp/jam session. Otherwise I really hope I can make it, it was a blast last year even though I got KO'ed on the 1st run of theday...
    L8R
    Buck

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bogmonster
    What Is The Mountain Like? I Have Been Down In The Area On My Street Bike For The Moto Races At Millville And It Seemed Pretty Sandy But Alot Of Cliffs, Same Thing At Steeple? Hey Buck I Sent A Pm To You About Our Email Snafu...
    Bogmonster,
    The terrain is for the most part the same as in Millville, they are only minutes apart. The cool thing about it around there is that it'll be perfectly flat then you'll just drop in to nice big valleys!!! The terrain definitely has what is needed for DH/DS/FR...The DH is supposed to be starting with a eight foot drop in off a rock feature, I haven't seen it yet, but should be sweet Oh, and it isn't as sandy over at Steeple! Supposed to be good dirt for sustainable trails! I know the area, if stuff is done right from the get go it'll be sweet!

I sent you a PM w/ my addy.
    L8R
    Buck

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey all,
    For those that don't get to MORCs website. IMBA will be coming to Steeple Chase ski area. Here are the dates:: April 30-may 1st. That is the weekend class. Starts at 8:00am both days.

Here is the link to sign up...Erik Gerrits e-mail is at the bottom!

morc link

L8R
    Buck

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Bump...
    Just a reminder this weekend at steeple chase skie area...www.skisteeplechase.com for directions come ready to build!!! 8:30 on Saturday and 9:00 on SUnday!!! woohooo

L8R
    Buck

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    What up guys???

Just so ya all know, S. Minnesota now had a IMBA/RASC/MORC/steeple chase ski area built downhill course that is awesome, I was lucky enough to have a big say in the design, it is still coming together and needs a little finishing work but it is rideable top to bottom and fun as hell!!!

L8R
    Buck