Huge Favor: Green Bay @ 4/17 Monday 4:00, Looking to MTB- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Huge Favor: Green Bay @ 4/17 Monday 4:00, Looking to MTB

I will be flying in to Austin-Straubel Field at 2:10pm for a work trip. However, I'll be available (I assume at 4:00) for a mtb ride. From what I can see (MTB Project), Bairds Creek is a quick in-town loop that's worth riding and would likely fit my schedule (unless you suggest otherwise).

I plan on bringing some clothes, a helmet, shoes, and pedals. All I'm missing is a bike. I'm ready to rent a bike for the evening but I won't have the rental car. So, I'm stuck.

1) Is there a shop on/near a trial in Green Bay?
    2) (The huge favor) Can I borrow a bike from one of you and ride with you Monday evening? Anything in large works for me.

I understand that I am asking a huge favor. Feel absolutely free to call me crazy or tell me 'no'. If it's too wet/muddy, I'll leave everything at home. I don't want to hurt anyone's trails. But, I'm not sure If I'll ever be out in WI again and my love of MTB held a gun to my head and forced me to write this message.

Overall: Let me ride your bike, show me your trail, and let me buy you dinner and a bunch of beer on Monday @ 4.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Hope it works out!! Let me know if you are ever in MN!

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Check out Broken Spoke Bike Studio. It is a great shop and within a short ride to Baird's Creek.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Ha! I'll definitely let you know if I'm around MN. Much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I called them and it seems like I'll be able to get a bike and ride from the shop. Thanks for the suggestion. So, anyone wanna join???

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by volcanized View Post
    I called them and it seems like I'll be able to get a bike and ride from the shop. Thanks for the suggestion. So, anyone wanna join???
    Just saw this. Were you able to rent and head to Bairds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I was able to rent a 509 from Broken Spoke. That bike was much lighter and snappier accelerating than I expected. Getting to the trail head was fast and easy. The trail was well signed and seemingly difficult to get lost. I had a blast! I kept riding in the direction that seemed more fun which often were signed with small orange arrow signs. Sweeping single track through trees next to the creek was a good time and a few small climbs, bridges, and features made the twisty fun pretty action-packed for a shorter ride. Though there's not a single rock to be found, there's plenty of roots to help motivate momentum. Bairds Creek has a little of everything and certainly seems like a gem to have in town. I may be heading back out there a couple times later this year. If so, I plan on doing the same rental/trail again but maybe two loops with some of the side trails. I feel like a guide could help with line choice.

Thanks for the advice! You guys rock!