How would you fix this??- Mtbr.com
    dumb ass

How would you fix this??

this trail runs near a creek. the trail is worn into the ground 3-5", allowing water to run down the trail into the creek. the land to the left in the picture slopes away from the trail, creating a natural "ditch", which is usually wetter than the trail. the trail is actually on the high point of the land. it's taken 10+ years for the trail to erode into the creek. the creek is a focal point of the trail.

i think i know how i'm fixing this but i'd like to hear your comments/opinions/suggestions.

thanks.

Baby seal walks into a club.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Can you put some logs into the ground to divert water flow. That is probably going to continue to erode everytime the cree rises and cuts into the bank.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

grade reversals and board walk

blue lines are grade reversals and/or knick.

Not much can be done about the creek eroding the shore line outside of building a wing-dam of sort or armoring the shore line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How would you fix this??-creektrail.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson
    blue lines are grade reversals and/or knick.

Not much can be done about the creek eroding the shore line outside of building a wing-dam of sort or armoring the shore line.
    That looks like a spot at BMSP where mother nature and property lines (road) give few choices. Just yesterday I thought how one of those occasional huge rains could be a problem there.

Members who have read this thread: 0