How far south...where to ride?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

How far south...where to ride?

I want to take a three to four day weekend trip the last weekend in February to go ride somewhere. Birthday present to myself

Where would you go? I have a friend in SE MO where I could stay, so I'm favoring that area. Anyone know of some excellent trails down souf?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Berryman is an IMBA Epic. It's a little SW of St. Louis

=========
    February is a tough time of year. I think you might have to go further south than Berryman to find warm weather. There's two good systems down in Arkansas - Womble and Syllamo......but I'd look into Texas, or Southern California or Arizona. Flights to vegas are usually pretty reasonable, and there's Gooseberry Mesa, in Hurricane Utah that's not very far of a drive from there. I've done the 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo a couple of times (Tucson, Arizona in February) and always froze my ass off. The desert is nice and warm during the afternoon, but COLD at night. If you wait until late March or April, The Ozarks are a great choice for early season road tripp'n.

mtbr member
    That's the second time that one has come up. I was looking through a lot of things last night, and that one looked pretty awesome. Camping available right there too. I just wonder what trail conditions are like that time of year in central Missouri.

mtbr member
    Good points Gomez. I am struggling with this. Really want to go down to ride somewhere, but can't go incredibly far (school). Maybe I should just resign myself to snowboarding? It's not such a bad thing to do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelock
    Good points Gomez. I am struggling with this. Really want to go down to ride somewhere, but can't go incredibly far (school). Maybe I should just resign myself to snowboarding? It's not such a bad thing to do.
    Do what Gomez did--get yourself a Pugsley to ride around here!
    Don't take anything I say seriously.

mtbr member
    I'm planning on it, but I don't have the funds this season. I see one every time I get out to campus at Stout though. Bet that fella and I cross paths this fall

=========
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelock
    I'm planning on it, but I don't have the funds this season. I see one every time I get out to campus at Stout though. Bet that fella and I cross paths this fall
    Are you thinking about a trip to Gnome-Fest Seven?

Highly Recommended!

g

Members who have read this thread: 0