HELP!! New bike in SE WI looking for dry-ish trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

HELP!! New bike in SE WI looking for dry-ish trails

It doesn't look like Muir got hit nearly as hard as my local trails but I have a new bike with less than 2 miles on it that is begging to be ridden hard, probably crashed and enjoyed overall. Where can I ride said prize that is within 200 miles (I am desperate) of SE WI without running the new bike through the mud? I will haul to ride, help?

mtbr member
    Levis dries out quickly.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Roche is 175 miles from Waukesha

As the above poster said, much of Levis dries quickly. The Roche dries quickly. I don't know if or how much rain fell at any of the other fine Northerly trail systems, but most dry quickly.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Northern Kettles, Greenbush and New Fane, will be fine tomorrow. Probably even later today if the sun shines.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There was a lot of water last night around Madison and a stripe of cloud that went west to east so the usual rules for drying out may not apply.

This suggestion is not exactly an epic ride but the pocket-sized spots in the Madison area are often ridable when other places are not. Those are Quarry Park, Quarry Ridge and Middleton Bike Park. The bike park pump track has been ridable before anything but I want to check first. I was there on purpose watching the water.

A recent modification may have held more water in and I'll report on that ASAP. I plead that people not ride too early because somebody can wreck hours of work by several people in just a few minutes.

The madcitydirt.org forums are the place to go for most up to date information.

I actually had a lot of fun in our last round of rainy times just going to the pump track and hanging for a beer on the patio when done. The place (Middleton) is probably unique in that sense.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks guys. Any further info would be appreciated!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Going to do a nice ride Tuesday instead, thinking Muir Blue to connector and Carlin red home. Will be departing the lot at 5-5:30, anyone interested in joining for the ride?

Members who have read this thread: 0