Hello everyone! New Progressive MTB shop!- Mtbr.com
    Shore Line Cycle World
    Apr 2016

Hello everyone! New Progressive MTB shop!

We are a new progressive Mountian bike shop located in Hartland, WI. We are only selling the very best gear to this ever expanding group of riders. Please support us and if there is something you're looking for I'm sure we can get it to you!
    Last edited by JMShoreLine; 04-11-2016 at 07:42 AM.

Formerly of Kent
    I hope you guys carry some 29er HT XC bikes for the "progressive" terrain in MKE...
    Death from Below.

Shore Line Cycle World
    Apr 2016
    That's funny. There is no shortage of bike shops here with miles of HT 29ers. Actually, you may be surprised at what the state has to offer and it's always improving. We are set to support across the country with our online presence as well. We certainly don't have the advantage of the terrain that others have, but make the most of it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMShoreLine View Post
    That's funny. There is no shortage of bike shops here with miles of HT 29ers. Actually, you may be surprised at what the state has to offer and it's always improving. We are set to support across the country with our online presence as well. We certainly don't have the advantage of the terrain that others have, but make the most of it.
    Looks like you try to make the most of free advertising by spamming forums too.

Rod
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy79 View Post
    Looks like you try to make the most of free advertising by spamming forums too.
    Yeah, and I'm still trying to find out how they're "progressive." From skimming their site, it appears I'm a caveman riding an XC bike.

Rabid Lana Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Yeah, and I'm still trying to find out how they're "progressive."
    They have a whacky, red-headed pitch lady?
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

derp
    Yeah, and I'm still trying to find out how they're "progressive."
    Here ya go, Urban Dictionary: buzz words

These are trendy words and terms used by clueless corporate fatcats. These BMW driving morons are lost and scared when walking through a manufacturing facility alone. They are normally in small groups. The only words they say are "ISO, synergy, delight customers, world class blah, blah, blah.., global, just in time, black belt, six sigma, you get the picture."
    Not wanting to sound like an ass and you could offer some stellar offline service but slapping a over the mill theme ( Venture ) on some bolt-on ecommerce software package with next to none information on the website itself just screems "i don't know what i'm doing and i'm just copying everyone else".

Seriously ... mildly aggressive forum spam won't get anything other than scoring a few links up on a Google search.
    2006 Cannondale Rush 650b
    2010 Cannondale Trail SL 650b
    2013 Norco Range Killer-B

Enthusiast
    Yeah, and I'm still trying to find out how they're "progressive." From skimming their site, it appears I'm a caveman riding an XC bike.
    Progressive. Like in BMX and skateboarding. Master one skill. Move on to the next.

I've a couple of high-school friends who'd love a shop like that where I live.

Flat Pluto Society
    Sure hope your selection is better than your spelling.
    Anti demagogue.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    constructive feedback here: there is something wrong with your web site, every click leads back to same page. By comparison, JensonUSA and Competitive cyclist may not be progressive but their sites work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    In all seriousness, I think progressive here is intended to mean that they sell bikes that cater to those looking for the next big thing. A progressive bike would have design elements that perhaps didn't exist or was just a glimmer 10 years ago. Bikes with slack head tube angles, huge travel, and etc. The opposite would be bikes that are more traditional in their design.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by oneupme View Post
    In all seriousness, I think progressive here is intended to mean that they sell bikes that cater to those looking for the next big thing.
    I don't believe that's quite it. I believe we are talking about skills progression. You see the same line of thinking in BMX street and park riding, skateboarding, freeriding. I'm quite attracted to the concept. Hang out with friends. Practice skills. Get better. Help each other improve. Laugh together. The race mentality goes away, and the emphasis turns toward developing technical skills.

Your Best Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by oneupme View Post
    In all seriousness, I think progressive here is intended to mean that they sell bikes that cater to those looking for the next big thing. A progressive bike would have design elements that perhaps didn't exist or was just a glimmer 10 years ago. Bikes with slack head tube angles, huge travel, and etc. The opposite would be bikes that are more traditional in their design.
    Great, so is this a new style of MTB we need to learn? I was just trying to figure out where "Enduro" fit in with Trail and All-Mountain.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It would be interesting to know if this is a shop where one can show up and try Knolly bikes, or if this is a web and special order sales shop. Well established shops in the area struggle to stock much high-end MTB stuff, and when they do it's usually race or XC style bike.

The newest shop in the Madison area broke the mold as far as what's stocked, but no doubt has Amazon and eBay business helping them make it, and they supported the IMBA chapter early on to help gain a following. That shop told me there's room, but that shop is also ride a bike or short drive from trails.

Shore Line Cycle World
    Apr 2016
    We are aware of what your describing. The site is meant for the click to be on the "+" symbol to expand the category. If you click on the title it links back to the home page.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    We are aware of what your describing. The site is meant for the click to be on the "+" symbol to expand the category. If you click on the title it links back to the home page.
    What about stocking the Knolly bikes? Do you have floor, demo or boxed items? Do you have demo days scheduled with the IMBA chapters or other clubs and events?
    ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ

Shore Line Cycle World
    Apr 2016
    Bitflogger -

We are stocking Knolly bikes. We have on the sales floor a Delirium, Chilcotin, and Endorphins. As soon as the new Podium is available we will have that bike as well. Knolly is a new brand to the Midwest and we are working to build awareness and exposure as much as we can. For a demo day with an IMBA chapter, that is certainly in our long term set of goals, however in order to get that level of support from Knolly we must first raise the awareness of the brand at a local level. I'm confident we will get to this point and we are excited about what the future holds for mountain biking in the Midwest and more excited to be a part of it.

mtbr member
    We are a new progressive Mountian bike shop located in Hartland, WI. We are only selling the very best gear to this ever expanding group of riders. Please support us and if there is something you're looking for I'm sure we can get it to you!
    Man a lot of shit talkers in here. prolly the people that complain that no one buys local. glad to see some more dedicated mountain bike shops in Wisconsin. God knows we need it. Good Luck!