Has anyone ridden Raven lately....?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Has anyone ridden Raven lately....?

And realized how awesome it is? The singletrack is incredible from the tight twisty stuff by the lake, to the fast and flowy along the hillsides. Every time I ride out there I discover something new. Now with almost all of the trails open to bikes, it makes for an incredible ride! Hats off to LAMBO and anyone else busting their butts up there for the greater mountain biking good.

mtbr member
    rode it last fall just before the leaves started to come down and thought the same thing. Planning a long weekend up that way soon to hit them again, Nic/Roche and Underdown.

There seemed to be quite a bit of stuff "in progress" last fall and I can imagine how far it has come this year, really looking forward to checking it out.

mtbr member
    I'll be riding there in three weeks, and can't wait! My grandma lives so close that I ride there from her place as a nice warm up. I haven't had a chance to ride it since large sections were closed due to logging about two years ago. SOOOO excited to get back on there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelock View Post
    I'll be riding there in three weeks, and can't wait! My grandma lives so close that I ride there from her place as a nice warm up. I haven't had a chance to ride it since large sections were closed due to logging about two years ago. SOOOO excited to get back on there.
    Now everything except for one little ski loop is open to bikes! If you hit all the single track and connect with some double track, you can make a good 1.5 hour loop now! I was really blown away by the whole thing, I think its the most underrated trail in WI.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I've heard of this system but have no idea where to find it. Where is it located? I'm planning a week long road trip ending at the Mother of all Gnome Roasts. I need some rides for the week and this may be one of them.

Bear
    Where is it?

This site rocks.

Fat Tire Guides - Wisconsin mountain bike trail maps and guides

That link will give you pictures, directions, and a trail review. Seriously, the site is awesome.
    Last edited by sbaryenbruch; 08-16-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    www.madcitydirt.org - All things dirt in Madison, WI
    [

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DekerfTeamST View Post
    I've heard of this system but have no idea where to find it. Where is it located? I'm planning a week long road trip ending at the Mother of all Gnome Roasts. I need some rides for the week and this may be one of them.
    About 5-10 minutes out of Woodruff/Minoqua right next to Clear Lake campground on Woodruff road, right off Hwy 47. Highly recommended.. Don't forget to check out the skills area across the road from the trailhead parking lot!

aka bOb
    I had an OK time there about a month ago, but I would be happy to donate for some signs. Great trails that you can find them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    I had an OK time there about a month ago, but I would be happy to donate for some signs. Great trails that you can find them.
    Yes, the problem there is if you don't know where to go, you may not have such a great time there.

I found this year the singletrack right in the beginning was purposely neglected and trashed to make un-rideable. The good news was I found a new piece that was flagged and roughed in at I think the first intersection in the double track. Just look for the little orange flag on the corner and aim for it. This is IMO the best place to drop in and hooks you up with the old singletrack that leads to the rest of the trails.

Once you get past the tight twisty you hook up with a trail that takes you right to the campground, or left to the rest of the ride. Go left, bomb down the trails all the way down to the lake. Its worth doing this part a couple different times to see the different routes you can make. Make sure you take a right where it says "hiking trail" to get down to the lake. You can also take a left there if your thing is steep double track ski trail.

Down by the lake take a left up the short hill to continue on the ski/mtb trail and then a right into the singletrack that takes you by the lake. Ride this until it looks like the trail ends, then take a left and follow the singletrack and double track to make the whole loop.

Long winded post but this is the kind of place you have to explore a bit when you ride, but I think thats just part of the fun and adventure.