Green Tire Bike Shop is a Scam!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Green Tire Bike Shop is a Scam!

Is there someone in the Twin Cities area (St. Paul) who can check out this store? This shop is scamming/stealing from hundreds of your fellow bikers. The store is taking online orders, charging credit cards and/or paypal, and then never delivering the products. The store will then not reply to e-mails or phone calls. See the links below for the severity of the problem.

Green Tire Bike Shop

http://forums.mtbr.com/where-best-de...-705498-3.html

Please go by this shop, first, check is to see if it is real? Second, ask them to explain what the helll is going on?

Please post here with a follow up. Thank you. I would stop by but I am in Oregon, and yes, I am one of the many who had my money stolen from this store.

Did I catch a niner+?
    Order some bar tape from them a while back and got it in two days. Granted I live in St. Paul and was originally just going to go to the shop and pick it up but decided to have it shipped instead.

This is about my only dealing with them and they answered my email regarding the shipping in the first place.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?

Fast, like Squeeze Cheese
    Jan 2005
    I ordered a Handspun wheel from them about a month ago and got it in less than a week at a great price. It was being shipped to Burnsville (<10mi) away, but I don't think that should make any difference. Not a scam for me... I do wonder what is going on however that there are so many people with bad experiences.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Glad you guys got your orders. It sounds like the shop went downhill in the past month or so. Please click on the links and read the reviews so you understand this is a huge problem, not just an isolated incident.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    For the reviews that are negative it is an isolated incident. We ship many many packages out everyday, if you haven't received your order within the advertised time at checkout please let us know right away. We have many repeat customers who are happy with our service.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Your isolated incidents seem to be any customer who has ordered over the last few months. We would love to let you know our issues, that is why we have called, emailed, FB posted, and commented here. All these attempts have been in vain

Poor customer service for these "isolated incidents" leads to the view of your business being a scam. Isolated incidents is a bad excuse when most review here, as well as other places point to issues, that is not isolated its pandemic. If you had happy customers I would hope they would speak up. I know 2 people personally with negative,none with positive. Even local business around you are writing bad reviews about you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by greentirebikes View Post
    For the reviews that are negative it is an isolated incident. We ship many many packages out everyday, if you haven't received your order within the advertised time at checkout please let us know right away. We have many repeat customers who are happy with our service.
    Either your store is a scam, or you are the worst business people I have ever encountered. Can you please explain why you will not return calls and e-mails? How about making the hundreds you have scammed happy with your service by fulfilling their orders or refunding their money?

mtbr'er
    Correction - Review(s) that is POSITIVE is an isolated incident. Green tire bikes takes many payments every day, and in an ISOLATED incident they shipped a customer what they purchased. They do NOT have repeat customers, as a customer must first receive the item they purchased in the FIRST transaction before they repeat the process and become a "repeat customer."

Last edited by NoCoMTB; 11-19-2011 at 03:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    May I make a suggestion? When you have an irate customer, one of the least effective approaches is to cite all the happy customers you have.

a. They probably won't believe it, given how poor the service they've received.
    b. Even if they do, it doesn't help them one bit.

Also, asking the person to contact you again probably isn't wise. If the person has taken the time to post their unhappy shopping experience on a forum like this, you can almost bet they've tried to contact you and your folks have dropped the ball.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Most of us in the Twin Cities hadn't even heard of this store until the complaints started showing up all over. There must be something big going wrong over there because the complaints have even spawned a story on the local news:

Customer Complaints Land St. Paul Bike Shop in Hot Water | Business | Summit - MacGroveland - Highland News

altazo
    Quote Originally Posted by RYNOFREERIDE View Post
    Most of us in the Twin Cities hadn't even heard of this store until the complaints started showing up all over. There must be something big going wrong over there because the complaints have even spawned a story on the local news:

Customer Complaints Land St. Paul Bike Shop in Hot Water | Business | Summit - MacGroveland - Highland News
    It's kinda funny because the owner is blaming it on his distributor. Isn't QBP in the next town over? They could be getting stuff delivered same day via courier.

It's also kinda sad because you never want to see a bike shop fail, but it looks like that may be what's going on here.

mtb enthusiast
    Look at the Google reviews. Horrible.

mtbr member
    When did the OP place his order?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainChain View Post
    When did the OP place his order?
    OP here: I placed my order on Oct 11th. Eventually had to contact my credit card and challenge the charge (which they ruled in my favor).

I gave Green Lakes over a month to make things right, and obviously they didn't even attempt to do the right thing.

mtbr member
    Search the other mtbr.com threads about Green Tire Bikes. This thread is a short one compared to another blasting the shop for being such a horrible business.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I placed an order with them on 10-9 and never received anything. On 11-21 I was promised a refund via email. I finally got fed up and filed a dispute with PayPal. Hopefully, that will end this hassle. I'm just glad that I didn't order anything expensive!

Problem with his distributor? Yeah, they probably cut him off for not paying his bill! Funny how that works...
    Last edited by Bnystrom; 12-03-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: clarification