Grant award news.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Grant award news.

The following just hit my in box. I am thrilled and honored.

Thank you Bikes Belong and thanks to the bike industry employees who give to the Employee Pro Purchase Program!

Make sure you are registered and check notification on the madcitydirt.org site because I will be announcing a flagging session in coming days. I will also be at city hall today for information regarding the grading contractor and design contractor.

Thanks all and congratulations to the CAMBA crew.

Boulder, CO—February 24, 2010 Bikes Belong is thrilled to award funding to seven great projects in our Winter 2010 grant cycle. These grants will help communities build bike paths, singletrack trails, and bike parks while leveraging federal funding and building momentum for bicycling nationwide.

The Bikes Belong Grants Program is funded by our Employee Pro Purchase Program. Thanks to participating members and their employees for making these awards possible.

Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Association (CAMBA)—CAMBA Singletrack (Cable, WI)

A $5,000 grant from Bikes Belong will support the Chequamegon Area Mountain Bike Association (CAMBA) in its effort to complete the final phase of development in the Cable, Hayward, and Seeley clusters, creating 28 miles of continuous singletrack at this well-loved mountain bike destination. Our funding will bolster significant contributions from CAMBA members and the community, as well as generous support from the state's bike industry.

City of Middleton, Wisconsin—Middleton Bike Park (Middleton, WI)

A $5,000 grant will help the City of Middleton and the Capital Off-Road Pathfinders (CORP) to build a bike park adjacent to the city's public golf course. Middleton, a suburb of Madison, has been working diligently to improve its bike friendliness, and sees this facility as a key step in the process. The city will make the park a central element of its trails master plan, so mountain bikers can ride to trails instead of drive. Bikes Belong's grant will leverage funding from the city and help garner additional contributions from individual donors and the local bike industry.

I need skills
    Jul 2004

Congratulations!

Wisconsin represents! Good job guys.

Members who have read this thread: 0