good trail near U OF M Tomorrow (fri the 9th)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

good trail near U OF M Tomorrow (fri the 9th)

I have to pick up my son tomorrow from school, but he has classes till about two, so I'd like to bring my bike. Are the trails rideable? If yes, can you recommend something near the College or little further out coming in on 94 thru WI from IL .
    Thanks Chris
    Go to Dirtproject.org to help advocate for MTB awareness and trail expansion in IL and the Midwest #thinkoutsidetheroad.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    The forecast for tomorrow is for temperatures above freezing, so most likely all the trails will be closed during daylight hours. Carver lake park is probably the most convenient for your drive, Theodore Wirth Park is also close to the UM, but seems to be closed for the thaw already. You can check the conditions of those trails and some other great trails on MORCmtb.org

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by injected59 View Post
    I have to pick up my son tomorrow from school, but he has classes till about two, so I'd like to bring my bike. Are the trails rideable? If yes, can you recommend something near the College or little further out coming in on 94 thru WI from IL .
    Thanks Chris
    Hi Chris,

Most trails are still barely open this week, but are close to full closure for a few weeks to allow the snow to melt and the trails to dry out. People have been riding early in the day or after dark to allow temps to go below freezing to harden up the snow. Friday starts a warm up that will close our trails. My guess is Friday you will find some closed trails and the ones that are still open will be a slushy, sloppy mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lic-Niner View Post
    The forecast for tomorrow is for temperatures above freezing, so most likely all the trails will be closed during daylight hours. Carver lake park is probably the most convenient for your drive, Theodore Wirth Park is also close to the UM, but seems to be closed for the thaw already. You can check the conditions of those trails and some other great trails on MORCmtb.org
    Ok thanks, Iíll check out morc. Weatherbug was predicting like 29 at noon so I figured it would be ok

Go to Dirtproject.org to help advocate for MTB awareness and trail expansion in IL and the Midwest #thinkoutsidetheroad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RYNOFREERIDE View Post
    Hi Chris,

Most trails are still barely open this week, but are close to full closure for a few weeks to allow the snow to melt and the trails to dry out. People have been riding early in the day or after dark to allow temps to go below freezing to harden up the snow. Friday starts a warm up that will close our trails. My guess is Friday you will find some closed trails and the ones that are still open will be a slushy, sloppy mess.

Okay thanks Iím just gonna leave the bike at home guys

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by injected59 View Post
    Ok thanks, Iíll check out morc. Weatherbug was predicting like 29 at noon so I figured it would be ok

Yeah, Friday will be on the edge. Saturday probably starts the closures. Theodore Wirth is already closed for the season. With the sun this time of year, even temps on the upper 20s can cause issues. Good thing is that even if you tear up the snow, season is over anyway, so you shouldn't hurt anything. Although if dirt is showing through and leaving tire imprints in dirt, trail shouldn't be ridden. Good luck! Hope it holds out one last day for you!