Glacial Blue Hills - trail conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Glacial Blue Hills - trail conditions

I'm looking to ride Glacial Blue Hills in West Bend for the first time Saturday, and I'm curious about the conditions. We've had quite a bit of rain as of late, and I'm not sure how this trail dries out.

I can't find a trail hotline or anything online.

mtbr member
    I ride Blue hills once a week. It's thickly wooded, and the trails hold up pretty well in the rain.

However, this time of year the leaf cover starts to make it so the trails are sometimes hard to see.
    Don't take anything I say seriously.

mtbr member
    I rode it on Saturday for the first time. I'm regretting not heading out there this summer. The trails were a little covered by leaves, but not too bad. And I didn't get to ride every numbered trail because of the snow/rain that started. But trails 8 and 9 (I think) had a good flow and were definitely fun. The trail at the top with the exposure was a good ride as well.

I'll definitely be riding there more next season!

mtbr member
    It rides pretty well for a relatively small park. It really packs some decent little climbs into such a small space. It makes it pretty challenging if there's snow/wet leaves on the ground.

In case you didn't know, you can also stretch the ride out a bit by parking at the Culvers on Hwy. 33, and catching the ice age trail there, then head north to the park. It adds about a mile and a half of singletrack.
    Don't take anything I say seriously.

Members who have read this thread: 0