Fun at kettle today- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Fun at kettle today

So today I got bored and hit up kettle for the second time ever. I just got back into biking and live about 45 min. south. anyways this time was a blast. I hit up the green loop and the white. last time I went I cut off the green and finished on the orange and I didnt have the lungs for that. Even thought it was 90 out it was wonderful out on the trail. Had to walk a few times with the SS but well worth the drive. Good work everyone who maintains thought trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I live down in Cary but Kettle is always worth the drive to me. When I first started going early last year I never thought I was going to make the "Hells Kitchen" climb at the end of blue/green. I've made it every time this year, it's still not easy but I've been getting better. As suggested on CAMBR try that 32x18 gear someone offered you for free and I bet you can make it, or find a 20 tooth rear.

If you want to get any more technical be sure to try the connector trail, it cross a few roads and you can turn and head back at any of those real easily, I dont think any of those climbs are as bad as Hells Kitchen. If you really want to get rad hit up Emma and do the green loop, there's a climb that makes Hells Kitchen seem easy...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Thanks dude. I live in fox lake and think i might play hookie on Thursday to give it another go.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I reccomend you do haha. I'd go sometime this week but a group of 5/6 of us are going to Copper Harbor and I'm saving my body for the madness we're going to get into there....