FR/DH in Duluth, MN- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

FR/DH in Duluth, MN

Is there anything that even resembles a Freeride/Downhill location near Duluth? Ive got a little hobby spot about 20 miles north of Duluth that I try to work on when i have time, but was wondering if theres anything already built.

I know theres some single track spots in Duluth i.e. Piedmont and Spirit Mountain. Do they have any more aggressive sections?
    "Some people think they can outsmart me... Maybe... I've yet to meet one that can outsmart BULLET."
    -Heavy

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I've heard that spirit had some semil-legal trails hidden away at one time. there was also a recent posting on the morc Forums regarding a new dh trail being built at Mont du Lac

http://www.morcmtb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36526

Buck is probably your best source for MN freeriding
    I am the owner and Operator of www.speedysheep.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerBEN
    I've heard that spirit had some semil-legal trails hidden away at one time. there was also a recent posting on the morc Forums regarding a new dh trail being built at Mont du Lac

http://www.morcmtb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36526

Buck is probably your best source for MN freeriding
    That video looks awesome! Will they open to the public do you know? Is work still continuing on them? Id like to volunteer if they need help.
    "Some people think they can outsmart me... Maybe... I've yet to meet one that can outsmart BULLET."
    -Heavy

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Buck no longer has open riding, only Thursday races and 1 MNMBS race. As mentioned, Mt. DuLac is working on a solution, the UP, Redwing and Coffee Mill are the only ones I know about.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Venom
    Buck no longer has open riding, only Thursday races and 1 MNMBS race. As mentioned, Mt. DuLac is working on a solution, the UP, Redwing and Coffee Mill are the only ones I know about.
    I believe he was referring to the person Buck...not the location. hahaha

Calles...drop me an [email protected] or hit brad up on the www.mfcmtb.com forums! He's the guy in Duluth to get in touch with if you want to ride! yip yip yaaaaaah!

weRd!
    Buck

mtbr member
    I just talked to Brent at Ski Hut in the west end of Duluth. He said that Spirit does have some decent downhill trails. Ive never been there personally so I don't know, but Im gonna have to check it out this weekend.
    -Heavy

mtbr member
    peidmont single track is great.
    http://www.bikeduluth.com/piedmont.php
    its pretty hilly, but i wouldnt call it a downhill coarse.
    if you go when the raspberries are in season you will leave full

mtbr member
    Spirit has an awesome DH trail. It's fast, steep, very rocky, and challenging at times but all in all a great run. The starting point is tricky to find if you've never ridden there. There's also some illegitamte drops and such at the bottom of the hill that are a blast to session and there's also a big hit FR section hidden away that I'm not supposed to talk about (including 10+ foot drops and a massive double).

I ride up there as much (if not more, I'm not sure) as the locals do and myself and a couples buddies are working hard with some of the crew at the lodge to get things going up there with more trails and lift access.

There's also supposed to be three or four sweet DH runs along the bluff right there in town. I know at least one starts at Hawk Ridge and rides all the way to the bottom but where, exactly, I don't know.

Hit me up and go for a ride. It's only a two hour drive.

DJ

Members who have read this thread: 0