Is Erik's a good shop? ( MN, WI )- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

New question here. Is Erik's a good shop? ( MN, WI )

I saw an ad from them with a good price on a bike I'm considering. It's Specialized so I guess I HAVE to go there.... I'll have to work it in on a business trip.... Don't want to hassle it if they are not a good shop or if they play games.

Any feed back on them or a good guy at the shop to deal with?

Fast, like Squeeze Cheese
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chutist
    I saw an ad from them with a good price on a bike I'm considering. It's Specialized so I guess I HAVE to go there.... I'll have to work it in on a business trip.... Don't want to hassle it if they are not a good shop or if they play games.

I can't recommend them since I had some work done there on one of my bikes. They ended up ruining the bike, said it wasn't their fault, claimed the manufacture was not standing behind their product, and then attempted to sell me a Specialized to replace the bike. I found out from the manufacturer that the story Erik's had given me was a load of crap!!! Too much deception from the big machine!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

They seem fine to me, dealt with defects my Specialized bike had, and they support the trail building efforts around here by sponsoring CORP/WORBA, and by some of their employees volunteer time on trail work days. As a matter of fact it was Specialized and not the shop who dodged the problem I had.

what a joke
    As a former Minnesotan I shopped at:
    http://freewheelbike.com/site/intro.cfm

and

http://oneononebike.com/

I only bought some stuff at eriks wharehouse sale. To many young uninformed guys working there for my liking.
    blah blah blah

White Knuckle Riders

Erik's

I can't recommend them. As stated; too many uniformed employees make Erik's a no-no in my book. Penn Cycle is pretty much the same. I ride with the manager from Pioneer Cycle and Fitness located in the Blaine/Coon Rapids area. They are a Specialized dealer, along with Giant and a few others. Stop on in and talk to Brad. Tell him Russ sent you. His mother just passed away, so I'm sure he'll be out of the shop this week...try next week. Lifetime tune-ups on bikes purchased at Pioneer. That's kind of nice!
    Let's build some doubles!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ-Ale
    I can't recommend them. As stated; too many uniformed employees make Erik's a no-no in my book. Penn Cycle is pretty much the same. I ride with the manager from Pioneer Cycle and Fitness located in the Blaine/Coon Rapids area. They are a Specialized dealer, along with Giant and a few others. Stop on in and talk to Brad. Tell him Russ sent you. His mother just passed away, so I'm sure he'll be out of the shop this week...try next week. Lifetime tune-ups on bikes purchased at Pioneer. That's kind of nice!
    that is terrible, I talk to him routinely even though I've never bought a bike there, he is a great guy! All about ridin'! He was coming to the DH race at Coffee Mill this sunday. yeah I don't go any where near Erik's either, all though they do help out the cycling community I'd rather support the little guy, but that is just me.

L8R
    Buck