emma carlin- Mtbr.com

Thread: emma carlin

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

emma carlin

at the emma carlin trails how many miles is the green trail?

CHOP!
    Not sure how many total miles Green loop is but the newly cut trails on Emma probably add 2-3 miles.

THE NEW EMMA TRAILS ARE FIRE! Soooo much better...

Trails need to pack in some but otherwise super fun.

Great job trail building gnome folk of lower Wisco!
    It's not where it's made but how it's made.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinsMental
    Not sure how many total miles Green loop is but the newly cut trails on Emma probably add 2-3 miles.

THE NEW EMMA TRAILS ARE FIRE! Soooo much better...

Trails need to pack in some but otherwise super fun.

Great job trail building gnome folk of lower Wisco!
    No doubt!

The the new Section of the Green is amazing. Flowy, Techy, fast and fun.... Especially that switchback climb!

I just wish we could get a bypass of that monster pea-gravel covered climb at the end of it!

One Colorful Rider
    I haven't done Emma in awhile.

I was out there today I did the Muir Blue loop, connector and Emma. I felt totally lost at Emma and it felt like the trail was endless.

Nice Job trail Builders

Squishy Fishy
    Nov 2008
    All of the new stuff out there is awesome but why does everyone want the gravel climbs taken out? They are hard and add some work to the trails out there. With Muir being a 2 lane highway and most of Carlin being pretty easy as well the climbs are always something that I look forward to. I think that they should stay and be added to somehow. Just my monday morning 2 cents worth of now Im at work recovering from the Cheq 100 and mad that I am at work. lol

=========
    This is about the fourth thread, thanking the eSpecially crAzy Irregular TrailBuildin’ Crew of the Southern Kettle Moraine Chapter of worba for our ongoing trail building. We really appreciate the gratitude and invite you to attend one of our trail care events.

There is a three hundred and seventeen year old gnome that lives in a deep, luxurious burrow, out on the connector that once told me...."trails can't be built by tapping out wishes on a keyboard".......but what does he know....he posts with an ancient atari desktop and still uses a dial up connection.

g

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffwilsonn
    All of the new stuff out there is awesome but why does everyone want the gravel climbs taken out? They are hard and add some work to the trails out there. With Muir being a 2 lane highway and most of Carlin being pretty easy as well the climbs are always something that I look forward to. I think that they should stay and be added to somehow. Just my monday morning 2 cents worth of now Im at work recovering from the Cheq 100 and mad that I am at work. lol

My issues lie with the gravel itself, not the actual climbs. The change from hard pack dirt to the loose pea gravel always gets me.

Im not complaining, because in the end, it is making me a better rider (even though I can only clear that climb about 1/3 of the time

Members who have read this thread: 0