early season levis / trow report ??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

early season levis / trow report ??

hey-o.

provided i survive the race at iola, i may head over to ride levis Monday the 5th first thing in the AM. how are things over there ?? still real wet, or rocking ?? i'm hoping to make sense of the map for the upcoming SS/100 mi race there . . . . . . . any markings for that ??

lastly, is that that nice county park to the south open - campsites, showers, etc. ?? thanx !!

lgh
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I live about 30 miles from Levis and was there yesterday checking out some Fast Traks for Iola. My riding was confined to the eastern part of the park which is lower. All low spots were wet, with 6 inches of water in many areas. Running water was present in shallow gullies. Higher areas were fine, easily ridable. It was really no big deal to get around. You just picked your away around the water or chose an alternate route. If you wanted a sustained training effort, then you might have problems. Otherwise, not bad. HOWEVER.... it is now raining and it will rain throughout most of the next 24 hours. You know the rest of the story. I'm guessing Monday will be really wet and not much fun.

There are some logging areas that are new as well as some burns. This effects some of the routes near the parking area and perhaps in areas where I didn't ride. Nothing insurmountable.

I'm not sure about the nearby park for camping.

Good luck at Iola. I was going to do it but probably won't if the rain keeps coming. I ride for fun, seldom for character building.

Larry

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    thanx buddy, you rule !

lgh
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    No problem. I forgot to mention that I saw no - repeat - no wolf tracks. Plenty of deer to keep them fed and really not a problem unless you are alone, crash, and can't get up. Then might be a problem to consider. No lion trracks although I wasn't looking for lion tracks and I think reports of them are not well established in fact.

Larry

Members who have read this thread: 0