duo or team for 12 hours of john muir?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008

duo or team for 12 hours of john muir?

anyone interested? at this point i'm looking for a fellow rider or 2 to either duo or 3 man the 12 hour john muir event on october 4th..

let me know if you're interested!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    i might be, but i am only a novice at best and i wouldnt want to be the weak link on anyones team- is there a link to the event???

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce372
    i might be, but i am only a novice at best and i wouldnt want to be the weak link on anyones team- is there a link to the event???
    http://www.wemseries.com/john_muir.html
    http://teamcyclopath.blogspot.com/

they talk about the race somewhere in that blog

i'm relatively new too, i've only been biking for a few months, but i have ridden the course extensively and i can maintain the average speed of last year's finishers, so i figure i've got a chance. i dont think it's an enormously competitive event. i think middle of the pack finishers averaged 9mph..

it would be cool to race with another new rider. what's your setup like?
    Last edited by Everyzig2101; 08-09-2008 at 09:52 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    ive really only started this year too, i used to ride a bit here and there, but taking it more seriouisly now- just moved up to a GT- I-drive 4.

i am hoping to get out to Kettle Moraine again next weekend- last weekend i did around 23 miles and managed an average of 9mph.

the only caveat to committing to the race in october is my wife is expecting a baby in mid/late october and i think she is hoping i will be around for that

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

still looking for a fellow rider or 2

My collarbone is still healing so I dont think im going to be able to tackle the entire thing 12 hr solo. Could appreciate 3 man team though.. Still looking for people!

Members who have read this thread: 0