Duluth Area any good?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Duluth Area any good?

Duluth area trails? On the list for a possible future move. I grew up riding in Maine, been living in Bozeman MT the past 10 years. Ridden Oregon, Cali, Utah, CO. Looks like there is a really strong local MTB group doing major trail work with some big potential projects. What can you tell me? It looks like there is a bunch of little trail areas right in the city which is awesome. I want to be able to ride out my door. But also interested in anything good within a 2 hr radius. I see Chequamegon is about 1-1/2 hours, which is supposed to be good too? Anything else?

mtbr member
    I think you may have better luck asking this question on this website and specifically this thread:

MORC.org

mtbr member
    West of Duluth is the Iron Range Area Trails that also offer great mountain biking.

The new Cuyuna trail system that recently opened up I think is the crown jewel though.

There are boatloads of riders from around here from the Mpls/St. Paul area that make the 2 1/2 hour drive repeatedly just to ride the trails up there, and we have some awesome riding right here in the cities.

cuyunalakestrail.org.

PNG
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Was there last summer and enjoyed the trails around town. Check out the COGGS website.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    BikeDuluth.com - Your Complete Cycling Guide for Duluth, MN. Including Mountain and Road Biking Routes, Trail Maps and Other Cycling Information.
    Good site, that is a bit outdated as the Lester trails have been improved and legal for a couple of years now.
    Duluth has quite a few official trails as mentioned in the web site above as well as an extensive unofficial trail network consisting of old railroad grades, ATV trails, and even rivers (in the winter) that are fun to ride.
    2012 should bring new trails in the Mission Creek area as well as the completion of some freeride type trails in the Piedmont system.
    Also in the not too distant future, the Duluth Traverse will become a reality connecting all the trails in Duluth by singletrack.
    gearjunkie.com/duluth-traverse-mountain-biking-trail Longest 'Urban' Mt. Bike Trail in USA