DH race in MN, March 6th..........- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

DH race in MN, March 6th..........

Talk to Buck for more details. I'm surprised it isn't on here. It's at Coffee Mill ski hill. Hell, the lifts will be open, so all us lazy riders can have fun!

Buck where you @???
    Need recycled bike art? PM me!

Need old parts? PM me!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hahahaha, yeah I'm here...I've been busy damnit!

Alright here is the low down...

Marth 6th: Coffee Mill Ski Area. Dh race in the snow. Lift passes are 27 bucks for the day and they open at 10am. You get access to the whole place once you have a pass. Should prove to be a blast. So get those bikes out of storage and come rip for a day on the slopes!!!! I'll be there on skis takin' pics and get some footy!!! (damn injuries!!! )

Shout outs:
    Adventure Cycle and Ski in Winona, MN: the creators of this cool event, and donating awards(they did in previous years anyway)
    Brad Resch from Pioneer Cycle: providing some swag to be given away.
    Andi Dickson, Derrick Taylor, and Phil Mero from Red Bull USA: Donating a case of Red Bull for the winner!!!

Hope to see ya all there!!!
    L8R
    Buck

Witty McWitterson
    uh, where's coffee mill?
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    uh, where's coffee mill?
    Near Wabasha, MN...use mapquest.com for exact directions!
    L8R
    Buck

Witty McWitterson
    thanks buck. fock mapquest. google maps is sooper nice! And this comes from a map geek.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    thanks buck. fock mapquest. google maps is sooper nice! And this comes from a map geek.

LOL, sweet dude hope to see you there, l think it will be a good turn out!!!
    L8R
    Buck

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey guys,
    Bringing it back to the top so people see it!
    Remember March 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DH race at coffee mill ski area...it is now on their calender check out www.coffeemillski.com

Looks to be a great turnout, hope to see some of you guys there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L8R
    Buck

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

The race conclusion..........

I'm gonna chaulk that race up as a HUGE pedal kick forward for freeriders in Minnesota! What a blast!

Need old parts? PM me!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    I'm gonna chaulk that race up as a HUGE pedal kick forward for freeriders in Minnesota! What a blast!
    HAhahhahah, Hey Beau,
    Yeah man proves that the e-mail list is working as well...it is coming.......wait till this summer, Westby is going to be SIC!!!!!!!!

L8R
    Buck

Lone Wolf
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck
    HAhahhahah, Hey Beau,
    Yeah man proves that the e-mail list is working as well...it is coming.......wait till this summer, Westby is going to be SIC!!!!!!!!

L8R
    Buck
    Hey, Update about the WKR at Westby. There is going to be a new downhill course this year! There were too many issues with the old course so the new one is going to be on the same side as the DS. It is going to be crazy! Oh, there is a sick new wall ride that you guys will have to check out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rokklym
    Hey, Update about the WKR at Westby. There is going to be a new downhill course this year! There were too many issues with the old course so the new one is going to be on the same side as the DS. It is going to be crazy! Oh, there is a sick new wall ride that you guys will have to check out.

Hmmm, do I know you??? I just may??? I already know about the new course I am pumped! I'm going to be headin' down a day early or something to shoot some vid of the organizers and such...can't wait...new video gear is fun, along with good riders what else can one ask for???

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by rokklym
    Issues? What sort of issues? Like people MOVING rocks off the trail because they were in the way? That's the only real issue I thought of. I think it should be even more difficult this year.

Need old parts? PM me!

Lone Wolf
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck
    Hmmm, do I know you??? I just may??? I already know about the new course I am pumped! I'm going to be headin' down a day early or something to shoot some vid of the organizers and such...can't wait...new video gear is fun, along with good riders what else can one ask for???
    You might know me, I'm the guy thats DJ'd for the races the last couple years. It seems like I might know you too, I think I remeber seeing pics on Team Sally's site. Anyway, its gonna be cool to get some video of the races.

Here is a website that has some cool pics from the WKR course.
    http://www.planethuckleberry.com/guides.html
    Nate and Sunny from the WKR crew went down to Baja for the winter to be guides..sounds pretty rotten huh?
    http://www.planethuckleberry.com/

Lone Wolf
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    Issues? What sort of issues? Like people MOVING rocks off the trail because they were in the way? That's the only real issue I thought of. I think it should be even more difficult this year.
    The rock moving was pretty lame. Those rocks were put there on purpose. I think we all know who was responsible for that, but anyways. I guess the issue was that they had to drive across someone elses land to get riders to the top and sometimes its a pain to deal with land owners.