cuyuna trail preview- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

cuyuna trail preview

For anyone who isn't following minnesota trail projects this video is a brief description/explanation of a huge project that morc and imba and the mn DNR are kind of cooperating on, sounds pretty sweet, probably not the nationally huge deal that the people in the video are calling it, but regionally speaking a destionation worth considering.

http://www.parksandtrails.org/news_events/tv

http://www.tcbikingnews.com/special_features.php

for a reference point this area is about 2.5 hours north of minneapolis

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Looks like some great opportunities out there.
    Nice to see a "public service" type video that actually shows riders that can ride. I think I saw a guy doing a nose-wheelie over a log pile.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    hahaha that would be me! weeeEEEEeeee.

Its gonna be dope, I've walked the area with TIm and DNR staff. Some cool opportunities up that way!

weRd!
    Buck

the WALKING DEAD
    Jun 2006
    MORC knows how to lay down some sweet singletrack. If they're involved it should be alot of fun. I wish they would get Lutsen to reopen and make a decent trail system next.
    Your momma's so nasty, she keeps ice between her legs just to keep the crabs fresh.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aph72
    MORC knows how to lay down some sweet singletrack. If they're involved it should be alot of fun. I wish they would get Lutsen to reopen and make a decent trail system next.
    Tim kills every project he takes on, people should be excited, very excited!

Lutsen will probably never happen. I've tried talking to them as well as a number of other peeps too.

I have been talking with Spirit Mtn though and if you look at their new master plan; COGGS, the local cycling community and a few peeps in the gravity crowd have got some cool stuff on paper. No timeline but atleast its on paper ya know!

http://www.spiritmt.com/masterplan.aspx

weRd!
    Buck

the WALKING DEAD
    Jun 2006
    I need to spend more time on Spirit Mountain. I spend all my time in Hartley because I live .5 mile from there. It is so easy to roll out the door and ride versus packing all your stuff and driving across town. One thing about how the trails are rated in this town. I think the trails that are rated as "Intermediate" need to be re-rated as at least "Expert-Intermediate". I think dudes that have been riding forever don't have the judgement to know what is ridable by a newb. I've done this to a few newbs myself and have felt like a jerk for it. In my opinion there are some very difficult spots in Hartley and Piedmont that have some very square edged rocks and roots that want to endo you. If you're coming from the Cities and have ridden Lebanon Hills, get ready for a "whole notha level". We don't have bridges for skill testing, we have them because you'd be up to your axles in mud without them.
    Your momma's so nasty, she keeps ice between her legs just to keep the crabs fresh.

Members who have read this thread: 0