Chequamegon the closest trails to the ThreeLakes/EagleRiver area?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Chequamegon the closest trails to the ThreeLakes/EagleRiver area?

Planning a vacation on the Chain of Lakes near ThreeLakes/Eagle RIver for next year and I would like to head up there a few days before the family and get some true epic (man I hate that word ) solo rides in before the hustle and bustle of vacation and boating begins for us.

I do plan on taking a trip to the many of the CAMBA trails in the Chequamegon Nat'l Forest, but I was curious if there were any closer trails that I should check out as well?

Thanks Guys!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby12many
    Planning a vacation on the Chain of Lakes near ThreeLakes/Eagle RIver for next year and I would like to head up there a few days before the family and get some true epic (man I hate that word ) solo rides in before the hustle and bustle of vacation and boating begins for us.

I do plan on taking a trip to the many of the CAMBA trails in the Chequamegon Nat'l Forest, but I was curious if there were any closer trails that I should check out as well?

Thanks Guys!
    There are nice trails such as Washburn Lake, Underdown, Raven and others closer to Rhinelander and Minocqua/Woodruff. If heading up means coming from south there's Standing Rocks and Nine Mile.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bitflogger
    There are nice trails such as Washburn Lake, Underdown, Raven and others closer to Rhinelander and Minocqua/Woodruff. If heading up means coming from south there's Standing Rocks and Nine Mile.
    Gracias Amigo

I have ridden both Standing Rocks and 9mile, but none of the others you listed. Thanks for the heads up!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Closer to Mud Lake Trail(stop at Bike n Boards on Stevens Ave. and they'll direct you) in Rhinelander, Raven Trail is short and mostly gone since lumbering it out, but then there is the phenom Nicolet-Roche just south of Langlade on 55 to county W left to Boulder Lake Campground Rd. Head on it to second rise where road heads to right and look for trailhead to the left in the woods. Also a must do is Underdown between Merrill and Tomahawk. Look for Copper Lake Rd. off of J just off of 17. There is a sign at J and Copper that directs you there. Absolutely Fantastic ride, especially if you do it all to Underdown Lake on sections S, T, TT, U, and V. Also stays in great shape thru rain. Up in Eagle River there is Hidden Lakes and Anvil combine and the Nicolet North Trail. Very little used and worth the effort. They are on 70 east of ER.

Members who have read this thread: 0