Chequamegon 40 2010- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Chequamegon 40 2010

Check cashed!! I love this race!! Now I have to wait to see if I will get an elite start.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

I'm in!!

My check just cleared today. I missed out last year when my daughter was born just a day before the race. Glad to be back to give it another shot!!!

mtbr member

I'm in...

I shot my big mouth off and my wife sent in the $77 check. It cleared today. My first race of any type...at age 57. Holy Sh!it, what have I done?
    Last edited by Paladin; 03-24-2010 at 06:10 AM.
    Marc82Much
    Saint Louis, MO

mtbr member
    Crap!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    I shot my big mouth off and my wife sent in the $77 check. It cleared today. My first race of any type...at age 57. Holy Sh!it, what have I done?
    married a good woman or else you might want to check and see if she took out more life insurance on you

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I usually wait for the post card (or returned check) to find out. I've been pretty lucky the past few years, I guess I will know soon one way or the other. Entry fee keeps going up like it has lately I may just give up on it, getting a little to pricey by the time you throw in a couple of nights in a hotel plus gas.

edit: just checked and I'm in!!!!
    Last edited by robc in wi; 03-24-2010 at 09:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Sux! I have not gotten in for like five years now... my check has not cleared yet! I assume I'm not getting in yet again... and I'm originally from Cable! Maybe that's why...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Checked the Cheq Cheque and I'm in!
    I am ridic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    to dmennenoh and others who don't get in. Don't give up, try the 50 ways to enter contest. My older brother has gotten in that way 3 times, 2 with written essays and last year with a really (really) bad rap video about the race. He did it with his friend and seeing two 60 year old guys rapping isn't a pretty thing but it got them both into the race. Another guy I know got in last year with a cheq fat poem based on The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe. Give it a shot, nothing to lose.

mtbr member
    No Joy..... not cleared yet. Guess I'll head up some time in the fall and ride the CAMBA trails and just drink more beer.... :-)

mtbr member
    Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Thanks Rob. I actually did get in once doing the 50 ways a few years back... It's just lame that I never get in via the lottery. It's a flawed system if you ask me. I mean seriously, if you don't get in for 5+ years they should let you in... They should put something in place for that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yeah I'll be the first to admit that it's not perfect and that there are people probably more deserving to get in than a weekend warrior like me. For me it's a great motivator to keep me on the bike all summer in order for a decent showing in September.

Members who have read this thread: 0