central WI where to ride mtb- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

central WI where to ride mtb

Hello, I will be getting my new ride some time this week and I am new to the sport and would like to hit some good trails I am about 1 hour west of Wausau and have heard about 9 mile. any other good spots to ride.
    Thanks

bubbletea Latte'
    you might also want to check out Levis Mound near Neillsville, it's a bit more hilly than 9 mile, quite sandy, but very fun and it has great views from the top.

aka bOb
    You can try the Underdown just north of Wausau (it's on the wems web site). Not sure where you are at but if you are a hour west of Wausau there is a great trail in Eau Claire at Lowes Creek! All that said Nine mile is a great place to ride, def try it out!!

p.s. if you need showing around Nine mile pm me I would be happy to take you around.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    The quarry used to be cool. It you're looking at Granite Peaks/Rib Mt, it's to the west or right of it. You could ride up a gravel road and there was a sweet singletrack downhill that was a blast.

Pin it!
    Try this site - http://www.fattireguides.com/
    Nothing but WI trails and it's an awesome easy to use site.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    You may also want to try Standing Rocks. It has 13.5 miles of single track and about 8 miles of xc ski trail. Directions can be found on this site in the trail review section. You can get a map at www.pointpursuit.org

mtbr member
    If you're an hr west of Wausau (Owen area??) Just head down Hwy 73 to Neillsville, then stay on Hwy 95 to Levis Mound, about 12 miles from N-ville, I think you'll like the riding there a lot. Quite a bit of new trail work there this summer.

Members who have read this thread: 0