CAMBA in November- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

CAMBA in November

Hoping to take a trip to cable in november, just wondering if the trails close for deer hunting? that would be my assumption, but I just want to check.
    I am the owner and Operator of www.speedysheep.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    No, but there most likely could be snow depending on time of month. We have had three measurable falls and I would not doubt it if the snow is still remaining on north areas and darker cold areas too. Managed to ride there last year right up to December.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O'Punc
    No, but there most likely could be snow depending on time of month. We have had three measurable falls and I would not doubt it if the snow is still remaining on north areas and darker cold areas too. Managed to ride there last year right up to December.

But can I ride with the reasonable expectation of not getting shot at?
    I am the owner and Operator of www.speedysheep.com

mtbr member
    Nope. If you're riding during hunting season, ride expecting to be shot at. Wear orange over your helmet and torso. I just don't ride during gun deer. Too dangerous.

just ride
    Just wear orange. I have ridden many times during hunting season and seen the hunters out there. Just wave and say hi.
    Tires for real rides: www.terrenetires.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Dead Kennedys

Was there last year during hunting season and never saw any hunters nor parked cars and had the trails to myself. Did see a huge buck! Heard it grunting and snorting and we spotted each other, but that buck did not like me there and started scratching up the ground and hitting trees with its antlers and some really aggressive approaches. I loved it and no one there to kill this magnificent animal! Don't get me wrong I use to hunt alot and still go after small game, but kind of lost the taste for "trophy hunting". And yes there was snow on the ground, but all still very rideable.

Members who have read this thread: 0