Brown County Riding - Not Indiana- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Heres another couple questions about Brown County!

I'm thinking of heading up there over Memorial Day weekend to check out a few trails. I'll most likely check out the Reforestation trails, but I'd like to know more about the Baird Creek trails. I might check out Kewaunee but might save that for another time.

Where is a good place to start on the Baird Creek trail? Some directions would help... I'm from Appleton and will be coming up on Hwy 41.

uhhhhhyea
    Quote Originally Posted by inteq9
    Heres another couple questions about Brown County!

I'm thinking of heading up there over Memorial Day weekend to check out a few trails. I'll most likely check out the Reforestation trails, but I'd like to know more about the Baird Creek trails. I might check out Kewaunee but might save that for another time.

Where is a good place to start on the Baird Creek trail? Some directions would help... I'm from Appleton and will be coming up on Hwy 41.
    I haven't been to reforestation trails, but Baird is always a good time. Lots of technical stuff, steeps, roots etc. There's actually quite a bit of trails packed in that area (>20 miles) and is easily my favorite in NE wisconsin - though high cliff is scenic and a decent XC ride. Baird is more what I would consider "all mountain".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lpranal
    I haven't been to reforestation trails, but Baird is always a good time. Lots of technical stuff, steeps, roots etc. There's actually quite a bit of trails packed in that area (>20 miles) and is easily my favorite in NE wisconsin - though high cliff is scenic and a decent XC ride. Baird is more what I would consider "all mountain".
    if its the same reforestation trails that wors races on by green bay then it was the most boring 22 mile race of my life.

but the OP is talking indiana.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    There is quite a bit of singletrack at the reforestation camp that wasn't used in the WORS race due to the marathon format...at least that is what I have heard.

The OP has to be talking about Wisconsin, unless there is an Appleton, Kewaunee, Bairds Creek and Reforestation Camp in Indiana as well.

just ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas
    but the OP is talking indiana.

Is that why the title says "NOT indiana"?

Call InCompetition at 920-465-1510. I used to work there way back when, and they are great people. They can get you started in the right direction.

Stay far, far away from Stadium Bike.
    Tires for real rides: www.terrenetires.com

Members who have read this thread: 0