Bristol, Wi tralis- Mtbr.com
    newble
    Jul 2009

Bristol, Wi tralis

So my buddy and I were driving up rt 45 yesterday through Bristol and we saw a guy riding a Niner. Now I know this doesn't say much to most people but what it tells me is two things... 1. This guy is probably pretty into some trail riding and 2. there is probably some trails around here.

Soooo... does anyone know some trails near Bristol? I live in Lindenhurst, IL so Bristol isn't too far away. And we are always lookin for new trails.

And yes I know about Kettle... ;-) haha

Thanks!

-Joe

=========
    Quote Originally Posted by 550
    So my buddy and I were driving up rt 45 yesterday through Bristol and we saw a guy riding a Niner. Now I know this doesn't say much to most people but what it tells me is two things... 1. This guy is probably pretty into some trail riding and 2. there is probably some trails around here.

Soooo... does anyone know some trails near Bristol? I live in Lindenhurst, IL so Bristol isn't too far away. And we are always lookin for new trails.

And yes I know about Kettle... ;-) haha

Thanks!

-Joe
    Nada

newble
    Jul 2009
    :-/

=========
    kettle nite ride tonite ~ sevenish

Singlespeed Sunday - Start Time TBA - Sunday, Sept 19th @ Kettle

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 550
    Really?
    I think you'ld be surprised at how many Niners are being sold to the bike-path crowd these days. Or he could be putting in some road miles because he doesn't have any decent trails nearby. I think you're reading too much into seeing a guy on a bike on the road.
    There are some hiking/ski trails in Bristol Woods County Park that are rideable, but they're not exactly prime mountain biking trails. They're wide and portions are sometimes covered with wood chips. They tend to be a bit soft a lot of the year, though things are pretty dry right now so they should be nice and firm. More popular with people walking their dogs, than anything else.
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Angelic Upstarts

Niner?.....the brand or 29'er wheels. Lots of poseurs in the recreation world. Punk too!

newble
    Jul 2009
    It was the brand Niner. Trailville is right, they are gaining popularity. I don't know just figured I would ask and do a little assuming.

My dreams.... shattered hahaha.

Oct 2009
    Kenosha has some nice trails. Petrified Springs Park.
    Right by the College. Off Green Bay Rd and E which is 12th st.

Members who have read this thread: 0