Bring your bike.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bring your bike.

Bring your bike if you're coming to the CORP work day at Middleton Pleasant View on Saturday. A turn in weather and lots of help did a lot in one day and we started riding it in.

We will be working all possible hours for the next week.

https://host.madison.com/wsj/news/lo...cc4c03286.html

I need skills
    Jul 2004

good fun.

I road this today. Wahoo! Very cool. I especially liked the flowy course behind the pump track. Rolled down that many times.

There were several riders with dirt jump bikes present. These work much better for pumping, as the seat can be lowered so much more than an XC bike. These riders were super friendly, offered some tips and were clearly having fun. All-in-all the scene had a very positive vibe.

Congrats and a job well done to everyone involved.

Charlie

PS. Also road Cam-rock. That place is even better than last year.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson
    I road this today. Wahoo! Very cool. I especially liked the flowy course behind the pump track. Rolled down that many times.

There were several riders with dirt jump bikes present. These work much better for pumping, as the seat can be lowered so much more than an XC bike. These riders were super friendly, offered some tips and were clearly having fun. All-in-all the scene had a very positive vibe.

Congrats and a job well done to everyone involved.

Charlie

PS. Also road Cam-rock. That place is even better than last year.
    Thanks much. I hope you had a local seasonal brew on the patio.

Actually I've found my XC hard tail is the easiest bike to get around the pump track but pumping well is a challenge by itself. This is not a place exclusive to dirt jumpers and free riders. This is a place to teach beginners (when the single track's open) and improve your skills.

We'll make a call for help to finish the single track, but people need to know that this is designed for any rider. The jumps can be rolled and the pump track is for everybody to improve their skills and strength.

This is what the scene was later today. Get out there folks and don't forget to enjoy a beverage on the patio of the clubhouse.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sEC_Imjg-bU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sEC_Imjg-bU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I need skills
    Jul 2004

that is true.

I rolled every jump and it was thrilling! About my 4th time down I played with trying to catch some air. It is easy to see the place being everything you said it will be.

Members who have read this thread: 0