Blue Mounds Work Day Schedule???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Blue Mounds Work Day Schedule???

Does anyone know the trail work day schedule for Blue Mounds this year. I thought I saw it posted here, or at WORBA, or WORS, but I cant' seem to find it. I thought the first day was 4/10/05. Thanks.

mtbr member

Blue Mounds Workdays

The official site for workdays at Blue Mounds and Cam-Rock is worba.org.

That being said, I have to apologise because the current situation is confusing. We are experiening technical difficulties with the calendar function so I'm trying to work through the forum postings there instead.

Additionally, we have had an internal misunderstanding about what the official location for the April 10th date is. To the best of my knowledge, most of the effort on April 10th will be happening at Cam-Rock Area 3 and I encourage anyone planning to participate to go there.

Due to the late change and the possibility that someone may not have gotten notice, I personally will be at Blue Mound in the garage parking lot (first 2 lefts after the park entrance, then look right) at 10 AM as originally planned and will be prepared to lead a work day.

I hope this clears up any confusion. I encourage everyone who is planning to participate in a work day to check at worba.org before they head out. Due to factors beyond our control, it may be necessary to make a late change in the schedule. That being said, I will do my best to stick with the workdays as they have been posted.

Thanks for your interest in trailbuilding, we are moving into an awesome new area at Blue Mounds this year, it's going to be really nice. Pleasure Valley has more vertical than anywhere else in the park. Hope to see you out there this summer, we can really use the help.

Walt

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Thanks for the response.

I'm primarily interested in working at Blue Mounds. I'll keep and eye on the WORBA site, but is there a chance this Sunday would be canceled due to a low body count? - with Saturday being a possible workday elsewhere. I'd hate to head all the way out there for nothing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wi1trackrider
    I'm primarily interested in working at Blue Mounds. I'll keep and eye on the WORBA site, but is there a chance this Sunday would be canceled due to a low body count? - with Saturday being a possible workday elsewhere. I'd hate to head all the way out there for nothing.
    Work days are rain and shine, and I plan on being there shy of any serious emergency. Mr. Dizzy and I are the new BMSP trail managers. We hiked for many hours this past Sun assessing work and starting on the design for new areas. The goals are sanitize the last single track between camp ground and pool, start on the boulder field down hill run, and start Pleasure Valley. PV trails will be spectacular and make Blue Mound truly one of the best places to ride in the state.

Join the WORBA mail list and ClubMTB lists for the latest info. Send me a private message and I can try to keep you in the loop.

Thank you for your interest.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ride afterwards?

I plan on being there Sunday. I'm pumped about Blue Mound expanding, and would like to have a hand in it.

Do you think some of the trails will be dry enough to ride afterwards, or for that matter, are they officially 'open' yet? Up by me it hasn't rained since last Thursday. Just wondering if I should throw the bike on the roof before heading out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I plan on being there Sunday. I'm pumped about Blue Mound expanding, and would like to have a hand in it.

Do you think some of the trails will be dry enough to ride afterwards, or for that matter, are they officially 'open' yet? Up by me it hasn't rained since last Thursday. Just wondering if I should throw the bike on the roof before heading out.
    The park manager is who determines when the trails are open and you can certainly try calling the park Sat. We know he will be there on Sunday so you could at least bring your bike in case he opens the trails.

Thank you for your interest.

mtbr member

I'll be there

There is no chance the workday will be cancelled due to low turnout. I can state that definitively because I'm the crew leader, and I will be there. We have accomplished a lot on workdays with small turnouts.

I made the post above about encouraging folks to go to Cam-Rock in order to be responsible to the people trying to fix the trails out there. After this weekend, the focus of trail work in this area will shift to Blue Mound, and there will be precious little time to spare for the other trails in the area.

Everything we do on Sunday for trail maintenance will free up that much time later for building new trail. I'm pushing as hard as I can to have things lined up so we can be cutting new trail in Pleasure Valley by the middle of next month, if not sooner. We have a great opportunity to make more trail in the best park in southern Wisconsin. I'm so excited that I'm literally having trouble sleeping at night. Maybe another beer will fix that.

Walt