Bike O'Rama Deals!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2019

Bike O'Rama Deals!

The Bike O'Rama bike show is March 8-10 in Madison, WI. It is advertised one of the largest midwest bike shows. Has anyone ever attended and is there an opportunity to find good deals? Would like to hear some feedback before making two hour drive. Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Went there last year, will be attending again this upcoming weekend. If you are looking for a nice used or new bike, there are DEFINITELY deals to be had. Not too many, if any individual parts like the Brazen Dropouts bike swap that happens in January, but tons and tons of road, cross, commuter, and especially, MTBs!

Would recommend.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Thanks Apohlo! Are large e-commerce vendors there such as Jenson? Hoping to find new bike there and website does not list vendors in attendance. Only brands that will be represented.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Eturf View Post
    Thanks Apohlo! Are large e-commerce vendors there such as Jenson? Hoping to find new bike there and website does not list vendors in attendance. Only brands that will be represented.
    I can't specifically remember that, but my educated guess is no. They had trail association tents, some manufacturers, and some local shops like DreamBikes. So many bikes in the building that there isn't much room for a ton of vendors! Haha

To put perspective on price, last year they had a bunch of Trek Remedy 8s and 9s with eagle for less than 2k. If you know what you are looking for, you'll probably find something that will suit the need and budget. And you get to ride any bike, anytime.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Eturf View Post
    Are large e-commerce vendors there such as Jenson?
    Generally speaking, no, e-commerce vendors aren't at Bike-o-Rama. Budget Bicycles, Machinery Row, Motorless Motion, etc. - the big shops in Madison that are owned by the same guy - are the shops present along with a few others. Mix in a good helping of regional reps from some well-known component and accessory brands (i.e., Thule, Yakima, Bell/Giro, Muc Off, Shimano, and more). Also count on all the local and state/regional clubs, trail groups, organized rides, events, etc. having displays and you've pretty much got the idea of Bike-o-Rama.

Definitely deals to be had - especially if your not picky about the newest year models, specific colors, or only wanting a brand not covered by one of the shops listed above.