Baird Location?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Baird Location?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Baird Location?

I am deciding where I want to go this weekend Baird or nicolet roche but have no idea where either of them are i'm from the appleton area any help and suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin51
    I am deciding where I want to go this weekend Baird or nicolet roche but have no idea where either of them are i'm from the appleton area any help and suggestions would be of great help.

Thanks
    http://www.singletracks.com/php/data...hp?state_id=47

http://www.fattireguides.com/

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...S_4588crx.aspx

Note that the access for Nicolet-Roche is a little tricky. Park in the Boulder Lake boat launch parking lot, then ride back on the road into the park about 0.7 miles. The trail head itself has no parking, and only a tiny sign. It's in the middle of the curve.

The trail was severed by a tornado several years ago. The local bike club is working on spanning the gap, but as of late September the area was still a maze of logging roads. I'd suggest:

-Only riding the south end. It has the best trail anyhow.
    -Find a local to shepard you across the flattened area.
    -Drive around to the north trail head and ride that separately. The trail head at that end is also difficult to find. The on-line directions fail to point out that the access point is on the central of three logging roads.

Never been to Barid.

Walt

I need skills
    Jul 2004

trail reviews

Under reviews, look for trails. Here is a link. PM me with your email and I'll send you maps. Half the tornado damage is fixed which makes finding your way very easy.
    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...2_4588crx.aspx

mtbr member
    Baird isn't hard to find, but once you get there it's much better with a guide

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    ohhh bummer ok who wants to be my guide hahaha.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I noticed yesterday that the west part of Baird's got new maps and color coded trail markings. It's pretty small but you could start there. I'm still exploring the east part to try to find a somewhat flowing path to take.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I was there on Sunday and like a few people had said it was tough to find some good trails they are all over the place geez. Next time I go i'm going with someone else if it's nice this weekend i'm going on saturday or sunday afternoon if anyone wants to go let me know.

thanks,
    Justin

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I should be able to go if it's not raining or too wet.

mtbr member
    Yep. I'm planning on putting down some miles on Saturday afternoon. I was out there this past Sunday with a good group of guys after the game, but some mechanical issues saw me quitting early

mtbr member
    Good to meet and ride with you guys. I'll be out again next Sunday for Baird. Night rides during the week.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hshshs yeah it was a good time for sure nice meting you guys as well and thanks for showing me just how out of shape I really am LOL. But which days you plan on going to baird this week wheellock????

mtbr member
    not at all during daylight hours until the weekend. Maybe a night ride Wednesday or Thursday. We'll see.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Killer day of riding, thanks guys. I learned quite a bit trying to follow wheelock.

Members who have read this thread: 0