Anyone want to meet in southeast WI for a ride this week?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Anyone want to meet in southeast WI for a ride this week?

Its only my first post here but I just recently discovered this site. I love to mountain bike I would say that I am at an intermediate level of riding. On the trails I average about 10MPH (depending on the terrain). I was thinking about maybe hitting up Petrified Springs near UW Parkside or maybe the Kettles, (John Muir or Emma Carlin trails). If there are some people here who are interested in doing an after work ride let me know. Its nicer riding with a group just in case you take a bad digger.

Thanks

Nick

mtbr member
    Be sure to check the trail condition hotline for Kettle Moraine before you go. Southern Wisconsin had the storm of a century this past weekend and got a ton of rain. Trails might not be open...

262-594-6202

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nkugs90
    Its only my first post here but I just recently discovered this site. I love to mountain bike I would say that I am at an intermediate level of riding. On the trails I average about 10MPH (depending on the terrain). I was thinking about maybe hitting up Petrified Springs near UW Parkside or maybe the Kettles, (John Muir or Emma Carlin trails). If there are some people here who are interested in doing an after work ride let me know. Its nicer riding with a group just in case you take a bad digger.

Thanks

Nick
    Welcome!

www.madcitydirt.org for a calendar of rides, events and area people who ride. That said, I think it will be road riding until things dry out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Hate to break it to ya but milwaukee area just got about 7 inches of rain and around madison got almost that too. Everything is going to be flooded; and big parks like that are probably going to be closed to prevent major trail damage while everything is wet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yeah, you gotta let stuff dry out. Everything is wet now and with more storms forecasted Thursday night, I don't expect there to be any mountain biking around here until sometime next week at the earliest. The Kettles usually dry out the fastest so you can use the trail hotline for the kettles to give you some guidance on other area trails (if the kettles are still closed, you should probably stay off of other area trails as well).
    Warning: may contain sarcasm and/or crap made up in an attempt to feel important.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    Be sure to check the trail condition hotline for Kettle Moraine before you go. Southern Wisconsin had the storm of a century this past weekend and got a ton of rain. Trails might not be open...

262-594-6202
    Just checked-in (7:40 PM CT), closed today and...not good, stated "call back in the AM for status." Arghhh - was planning on hitting JM tomorow morning.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Me and my bro.would both be willing to meet up for a ride some time once everything dries up. We are both okay riders. You can email me at [email protected] or just respond to this message if you want to arrange something.

Members who have read this thread: 0