anyone riding in MN?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

anyone riding in MN?

just wondering how many other mtbs there are in MN. and if you are whats you favorite spot to ride

Big Finn
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeforlife
    just wondering how many other mtbs there are in MN. and if you are whats you favorite spot to ride
    http://www.morcmtb.org

Not much riding going on right now....too damn wet, but when conditions allow, Battle Creek and Lebanon Hills are my two choices.

Witty McWitterson
    Its jus too damned wet to ride right now. Otherwise, I hit up Mt Kato pretty frequently, as well as get up to the metro to ride up there.
    Just a regular guy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i haven't been out riding except on the street for so long b/c of this rain which just won't quit and also b/c my mtb is broke so i'm trying to get money and waiting for it to dry and maybe ride a little bmx dj. battle creek is good i agree. have you ever been to afton alps to ride? was thinking about going there but i'm not sure

mtbr member
    actually, MOCA is building trails at TheoWorth Park in Minneapolis. It already has about 10 miles of trail but MOCA will be making more trails and "official" trails! nice!

mtbr member
    Me and a few guys will be heading up to Lutsen June 11-13
    ...he said "young man pay heed, you listen well to what i say, now there comes a time for a man to walk away"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by col200
    actually, MOCA is building trails at TheoWorth Park in Minneapolis. It already has about 10 miles of trail but MOCA will be making more trails and "official" trails! nice!
    Shhhhh!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeforlife
    battle creek is good i agree. have you ever been to afton alps to ride? was thinking about going there but i'm not sure
    Afton is kind of a wierd place. It doesn't really flow all that well. Sure, there are some fun sections but it could be a lot better. Worth checking out if you've never been there before but you may not make it a regular ride. Mt Kato is (I believe) owned by the same outfit and has much better trails. I'm sure Martini could show you around them if you're ever in the Mankato area.

Another metro area trail you should check out is Elk River aka Hillside Park. It's a nice windy and sometimes technical 6.5 mile loop.

If in SE MN check out Holzinger lodge in Winona. A definite great ride.

And like Brick said, check out www.morcmtb.org.

mtbr member
    DAMN...I'd meet you up at Lutsen but I'm going the next weekend! It WOULD be fun to meet a bunch of people up there for a day of riding. btw-does anyone know of any Freeride/downhill stuff at Lutsen. I'm not one of "those" kinds of riders, but I saw this guy with a DH bike last year and was wondering "Where are the trails?".